Chapter 24

Genevieve's explanation had taken a little longer than expected. After which she took a bath and then practically collapsed in bed.

Given she had classes they agreed to postpone the trial to the following weekend. She learnt Flipendo from Professor Garlick that week and hoped it would prove useful in the upcoming trial. Beyond that things largely progressed as normal and as the weekend approached she felt herself becoming more nervous.

On Thursday she was passing the faculty tower when Mr. Moon suddenly drew her attention.

"Oh Miss Smith!"

"Mr. Moon?" she asked.

"Ah yes. We met briefly. Nice to see you again."

"I'm glad you are in better spirits. Is there a reason you called me over?" asked Genevieve slightly confused on what the caretaker wanted with her.

"Well I was hoping you could do me a favor," said the caretaker.

"What sort of favor?" asked Genevieve unwilling to commit to anything without more information.

"The day we met you might have seen I was out of sorts. You see I was minding my own business in Hogsmeade when I came face to face with a boggart!"

"Shape-shifters that become your greatest fear, correct?" said Genevieve.

"Yes! It became a demiguise. Terrifying creatures that can see the future. Wholly unnerving. Since then, someone has been using statues of demiguises all around to torment me!"

"Statues of demiguises." Genevieve was trying not to laugh at the man though it was a little challenging not to brush his fear off give demiguises were peaceful, not to mention he was dealing with STATUES not the real thing.

"Yes. I can't go anywhere without seeing them." Wailed Moon.

"And what do you want me to do about it?" asked Genevieve who already had plenty on her plate to deal with.

"Well I was hoping that you could take them down for me. You could start by getting the two from the faculty tower. I'll even teach you alohamora in exchange so you can get in! It's my hope as the statues disappear the perpetrator will reveal themselves."

"Mr. Moon, students aren't ALLOWED in the faculty tower without permission," said Genevieve. "You are asking me to sneak in and risk detention."

"Oh you seem very much like me. Fast and loose with the rules. When I was a lad at Hogwarts the school was my oyster I..."

"Sorry Mr. Moon. The answer is no. I'm not risking getting in trouble for some statues. Might I suggest having someone who is allowed in the area take them down, or simply vanish them yourself?" suggested Genevieve who thought a well-placed evanesco would deal with the issue.

"Ah but...but most others wouldn't take me seriously. They don't understand the horror of the demiguise and might laugh."

"I'm afraid I don't understand the horror Mr. Moon. I wish you the best of luck but I'm not the right candidate for the task." She began to walk away.

"What about alohamora!!?" called Moon desperately. Genevieve paused and glanced back bluntly replying,

"Professor Fig taught be that back in August." She then continued walking away. She pitied the man but she had enough issues without risking detention. As Sebastian had once said. You could break the rules but make sure you did it for something that was worth it.

HL

On Friday she brewed Potions in the Room of Requirement with the help of Evelyn and Ominis. Well, Ominis read out the instructions for them. He might not blow-up cauldrons willy nilly like Garreth but potions would never be his specialty.