Chapter 31

It wasn't even a question of where they were going next. The trio managed to safely get back to the faculty tower without running into anyone and Genevieve was ushered inside where she plopped down in an armchair. Hecat began to busy herself with potions while Fig undid the bandages and ran a diagnostic spell on her arm. She gasped as he touched it.

"Ah!"

"Yes, that looks like a bad break. But fortunately, a clean one," he said shooting her a sympathetic look.

"I was fine up until the statues became bloody INVISIBLE!" grumbled Genevieve.

"You do seem to have fared better," praised Hecat handing her a potion which she took.

"Alright I'm going to fix the break and it's going to hurt," warned Professor Fig.

"Feel free to yell there are silencing spells on the room," added Hecat casually.

"Dinah!" said Fig. "Not helping." His reaction made Genevieve laugh a little before readying herself.

"Brackium Emendo," said Professor Fig and Genevieve cried out as she felt her bones shifting back into place. She realized now that she'd been so out of it with the combined pain and exhaustion the last time, he'd mended her she'd not fully registered the feeling.

"Godric's Heart!" she swore after it was done.

"It's going to be sore for a bit. This should help with the pain." Hecat said handing her a bright blue potion that felt soothing as it went down her throat.

"Thank you," she said.

"Of course," replied Professor Fig now passing her a warm cup of tea. Before taking a seat on the settee next to the chair while Hecat joined him. "Whenever you are ready," he prompted.

Genevieve gave them a slimmed down version of the trials simply mentioning the difference with the changing archways which intrigued both professors slightly, before moving on to the memory.

"It was of the visit to Isidora's house. The Keepers took her up on the invitation and when they came, she brought in her father who apparently hadn't spoken since her brother died. He seemed completely despondent."

"Sometimes great shock after grief can take a toll like that," said Professor Hecat.

"Well, she said she'd been travelling and proven that ancient magic could take away pain. She used her wand to draw out a red and black substance sort of like the magic I saw Ranrok wielding. She contained it in some kind of jar. When she'd done so her father looked shocked and then relieved. He finally spoke. Isidora said she'd taken away his pain but the Keepers didn't look too certain."

"What happened next?" asked Professor Fig.

"It ended," replied Genevieve with a huff.

"Well, if what she pulled is even similar to what Ranrok is wielding then it was dangerous. And whether or not whatever the Keeper's think is right I don't think it's a simple as Miss Morganarch made out," Hecat said after a moment.

"It seems too good to be true," said Genevieve who honestly wasn't sure what to think of the idea of removing pain though she did think the Keepers seemed automatically rigid.

"Which means it probably is," said Professor Hecat.

"It seems once again the Keepers have given us very little to work off of," said Professor Fig.

"Which is clearly deliberate," grouched Hecat. Professor Fig sighed turning back to Genevieve.

"I suppose we shall have to hope your goblin friend comes through and continue to work on honing your power."