Chapter 35

Genevieve's recount of her Polyjuice potion escapade and the third trial resulted in a great deal of amusement for Ominis and Evelyn who found her strike against Prewett especially amusing. The trial was a slightly more solemn topic but held less gloom perhaps this time because she'd not ended up injured. Overall, they'd come to similar conclusions as Professor's Hecat and Fig with Evelyn commenting that the Keepers needed to,

"Quit playing story time and help with the actual problem."

April 8th came round and Genevieve skipped over to the Slytherin table at breakfast.

"Happy birthday Seb," she said plopping a box of Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans in front of the boy. They were reportedly his favorite. She'd already sent off a box of Peppermint Toads to Anne. Sebastian looked up seeming to attempt to summon a smile.

"Thanks, Veevee."

"Budge up," said Genevieve nudging Ominis who chuckled slightly and moved over so she could sit between himself and Sebastian.

"Good morning, Genny."

"What's got you so glum?" Genevieve asked Sebastian.

"I'm banned from visiting my sister ON OUR BIRTHDAY. This is the first time we've ever been separated for one. She sent me a letter with birthday greetings but said Solomon is in a foul mood about what happened and it would be unwise for me to try and visit."

"That's terrible!" exclaimed Genevieve.

"I quite agree," said Ominis.

"Is there nothing that can be done?" she asked. Sebastian shook his head. "All I can do is try and work even harder now to find a cure. Once she's no longer ill not even Solomon will be able to object."

Privately Genevieve wouldn't put it past the older Sallow to keep Sebastian away no matter Anne's condition. Sebastian stood up grabbing the box of candy.

"Thanks for the beans Veevee." Then he departed, leaving a concerned snake and eagle behind him.

HL

A week or so after Sebastian's less than stellar birthday Genevieve sat in the Room of Requirement with Sebastian the pair of them doing homework. It was actually nice to be doing something with him that DIDN'T involve his rather...worrying quest. For once he wasn't going on and on about the relic.

"So did you here Prewett had to go and deliver a boil's potion to Professor Black? And then got detention because Black thought he spread it about?" Genevieve giggled.

"That I did. Mind you serves him right. Prewett took points off a muggleborn first year for accidently getting mud on his robes."

"And they say our house has a bad reputation," muttered Sebastian.

"Natty doesn't like him," said Genevieve.

"Mind you Black was acting REALLY strange a couple weeks ago. It's almost like someone hit him with a confundus charm and he became as directionally challenged as you." Genevieve hit the boy on the arm laughing.

"It's a BIG castle thanks!"

"Yes, but most of us don't need a guide over halfway into the school year," snickered Sebastian resulting in Genevieve lobbing a pillow at him which he dodged.

"I'm going to tell Anne you're being mean to me." She threatened. Sebastian took on a look of mock horror.

"Merlin forbid you tell on me to my own twin!"

"Or maybe I should just sic Evelyn on you," said Genevieve.

"Now that is a scary thought," deadpanned Sebastian and Genevieve giggled. When their mirth subsided Sebastian's face turned serious.