Chapter 6

Chapter 6

“Only 2 weeks, yeah…I’ve got to get back to work afterwards.” I told my mom

“Ok Reagan.” She said happily. “I can’t wait to see you again.” She sounds just a little bit too happy. I mean I saw her like a month ago, and I’m only staying for 2 weeks. I hung up and tossed my phone on the couch. I went to lie down, but there was a knock on the door. This better not be another flower guy. He came to early last week. I pulled my down open, and;

“Zayn? What’re you doing here?” I asked him.

“I’m leaving tomorrow morning, you know for the holidays.” He started.

“Yeah, me too.” I pulled my shirt down awkwardly.

“Then I have a whole bunch of things to do before tour and stuff.” I stared at him, waiting for the point he was gonna give. “So…” he took his hands from his back and handed me a wrapped up present.

“Oh you didn’t have to get me a present Zay-“

“I wanted to.” He cut me off. I walked away, leaving the door open so he could come in. “Go ahead, open it.”

“No, I want to wait until Christmas.” He shrugged his shoulders as I rummaged through my desk draw. I found what I was looking for and pulled out the blue package. “But I wasn’t the only one thinking about presents.” He smiled, and sat down in a chair. I handed it to him. “You can open it now if you want.” He glanced up at me, and rip the paper open. I smiled and waited for it to be revealed.

“A locket!” he exclaimed.

“Yeah, read what it says inside.” I chirped happily. He opened it slowly and read aloud:

“True Friends Are Never Apart. Maybe in distance but, not the heart.”

I bit my lip waiting for him to say something. He stood up and pulled it over his head. I tucked it under his shirt so nobody could see it. Instead of saying a nice Thank you, he wrapped his arms around my waist, and that’s all the thank you I need. I hugged him back tightly. “Have a great Christmas.” I told him.

“I will. Tell your mom I said hi.” He joked about our secret friendship.

“I won’t.” He giggled in my ear.  “Come visit me again, when you come back to New York?” I questioned

“You’re gonna be the first thing on my mind.” He pulled away and starred down at me.  He leaned back down and kissed the corner of my mouth slowly, lingering for a bit. My body felt like jelly, and I couldn’t help but to dig my finger nails into his back. Something about him, when he kisses me, makes me want him more. And it makes me feel even more quilter. I feel guilty everyday, because I’m slowly starting to actually have feelings for him. I turned my head and pressed my lips to his. He kissed back instantly, his arms tightening around my waist. He pulled my chest into his and bit my bottom lip. I pulled away, and buried my head into his neck.

“Why does this feel so wrong, but so right?” he back away, out of my arms.

“I’ve been thinking the same thing.” He whispered quietly, before turning and walking out. I closed my door quickly, as my fingers touched my hot lips. Everything was weird; I really needed a break to think about everything.

I walked through the Vegas airport, on my way to my mom’s house. I called for a taxi and the taxi driver put my bags in the back. “Can you take me to Spring Harbor?” I asked.

“Which ones, the houses or apartments?”

“Houses.” He nodded and swerved off the curb. I pulled my phone out of my bag and looked over my calendar. I’m gonna be back home January 7, and that’s the day before I’m due back to work. So that’s enough time for a break, and me to figure things out. I went to New York on my own, and am coming back to Vegas with a mixture of different feelings. My stomach turned every time I thought of Zayn, and my finger tips went straight to my lips. Which tingled, like they’ve fallen asleep or something? But your lips can’t fall asleep…can your lips faint?

After an hour of driving from the airport I saw the familiar neighborhood. The one I grew up in, since I was just a small baby. They still look perfect, looks like everyone’s been keeping their lawns waters and picking up their pet’s dump. The cab driver stopped and I handed him the money. We got out and he handed me my bags. I started down the side walk, when he drove away, dragging my bags lazily. “Oh Reagan! Nice to see you!” people shouted as I passed their houses. This neighborhood was like one big family, everyone knew everyone else. I remember when my dad was here, we used to have a barbague at least once a month. The whole neighborhood would show up, and this isn’t any small neighborhood either. Imagine hundreds of people all in your backyard.

I finally got to my house, and continued to pull my stuff up the stone path. I pushed the door open and walked in. “Mom!” I yelled. “I’m here.” I heard footsteps coming downstairs, and some from the kitchen.

“Reagan!” my little twin sister and brother screamed. They jumped on me; nearly taking me to the ground might I say. I saw my mom emerge from the kitchen, holding a spatula.

“Hey mom.” She smiled and ran to join the hugs. Don’t be surprised my mom can run, she’s only 38.

“Oh my baby, I’ve missed you so much!” she rocked back and forth.