Chapter 26

Chapter 26

“Perrie I don’t want to talk about this right now…no I don’t have another girl here Perrie. Why don’t you come and check if you’re so paranoid. I honestly don’t even want to be with you anymore.” I sat up straight, listening closely to their conversation. “No, all you do is ask me if I have another girl behind your back. If I told you there was another girl, if there were to be, would you finally be happy about it?! That is what it seems like Perrie. You’re waiting for me to do something wrong so you have a reason to break up with me, if you want to break up. Let’s do it, how about we. Your stuff will be outside tomorrow afternoon, come get it if you want.” He hung up and threw the phone on the bed.

“Hey, uhm Zayn it’s going to be ok.” I jumped out of the chair and slipped in front of him before he was out the door.

“Reagan, move.” Zayn said angrily.

“Zayn, you didn’t know what you were just saying. You love Perrie, and you guys are gonna get back tog-“

“You should go too Reagan.” Zayn said.

“Wait what?” I said, getting what he just said. I didn’t know I had to go too.

“We weren’t going to work out anyways were we? I mean, you’re just some girl. I don’t think I could ever be with you anyways.” My face fell.

“You’re just angry Zayn, I know you don’t mean that.”

“You’re really hoping I’m going to be with you next aren’t you Reagan, I just said it’s never going to work. You should just get out.” He pushed past me, and I stumbled back into the wall. “Ow!” he exclaimed.

“You’re a disgusting excuse for some famous guy. You’re just a huge bitch. I was your friend!” I screamed. “I cared for you for the past months Zayn, we were supposed to be in this together. You’re the one who invited me here! I didn’t do this to you Zayn, you did it to yourself!” I watched his nose flare. I didn’t care that he was angry at me. I didn’t care that he’d regret this later. I’m just so done with him. “You know I thought you were my friend. I’ve never EVER had a friend like you. I’ve never felt the same around anyone like with you. Now you’re making me regret everything Zayn, because you’re angry with your girlfriend. You have no right to talk to me that way!” I screamed.

“What do you want Niall?” I answered the phone. I know I shouldn’t have been taking my anger out on him, but I can’t help but to be angry right now.

“Uh, we’re going out to dinner, and Zayn wanted me to ask if you could come with me.” He said.

“I don’t think I ca-“

“Great, I’ll pick you up at 8 tonight. Yes it’s in New York, and yes I know what happened between you and Zayn.” He said, and he hung up before I could say anything else. I tossed my phone on the pillow next to me and flipped over my wet pillow. I laid my head back down just as my phone vibrated.

From Niall:

You better be ready when I get there or else…(;

I sighed, and decided to get up. I really didn’t want to go to this, but I guess. I mean he sends me home 3 weeks ago and now he’s talking to me again. I pulled out my white lace dress. I pulled off the pajamas I just got into and pulled on the dress instead. I put on my white rose earrings and white heels. I brushed my teeth and washed my face, and started on my makeup. I searched my phone case box and pulled out my white lace phone case. There was a knock on my door and I pushed my straight hair behind my ear. “I’m coming.” I pulled the door open and Niall stared at me in awe. “Don’t say anything, let’s go.”

“You got ready in 45 minutes really? Usually girls take at least 3 hours.” He said as we started down the hall after I locked my door.

I was more than awkward sititng across the table from Zayn. Not only because we haven’t been talking, but because Perrie was sitting next to him. I did think that they would make up, but I didn’t know for sure. I stared a burning whole straight through his face. I could tell he knew I was staring at him.  He kept glancing at me, making me even angrier. “Reagan, are you ok?” Niall whispered in my ear.

“Ehem. I-I’d like to say something.” Zayn stood up before I could answer Niall’s question. Yes I was ok myself. No I wasn’t ok with being here. “Uhm, you all know Perrie and I just got back together, and…” he glanced down at Perrie. “I regret hurting her ever because I really do love her.” I pried my eyes from him, and looked down at my empty plate. We just finished eating, I just wanted to go home. “So that’s why I want to do this, because I know I really do want to spend the rest of my life with her.” I pushed my hair behind my ear again. Niall’s hand fell on my leg. He knelt down in front of Perrie. Everyone gasped, Niall’s hand tightening around my leg. “SO…will you marry me?”

“Yes!” Perrie said quickly wrapping him up in her arms. I stood up, throwing my chair back. I reached behind my ear and unclipped the gold chain. I pulled the locket from around my neck and set it down. Everyone starred at me as I glared at Zayn.

“Congrats. Really, I’m so happy for you.”  I said sadly, and I tried as hard as I could to sound happy. I turned around and walked out of the restaurant. I heard someone run after me, and of course I heard my name being called. I continued walked and I pulled off my earings, I dropped them into my clutch and turned into a dark alley. I slid down the wall and put my hands over my eyes. I started crying, and my heart hurt. I didn’t know if it was because my tears were stopping my breathing, or what. I heard footsteps, but I didn’t care.

Niall’s POV

Everyone sat there awkwardly, not knowing what was really going on. I stood up just as the door closed. “Good job Zayn, really nice job. Congratulations you know, I’m just gonna…” I zoomed out of the restaurant, and walked after Reagan. “Reagan, wait!” I called after her. She turned a corner and disspapeard. I turned around, groaning loudly. I walked back to the restaurant, where everyone was now congrating Zayn. I pulled him aside quickly into the bathroom hall. “What the fuck Zayn!” I whisper yelled. “You invited her for this, were you trying to make her cry?” I asked, pushing him against the wall.

“No, I just wanted it to seem normal. So I invited her.” He said.

“Normal!? Just admit it, you were just being a fucking dick to invite her here.” I said angrily.

“Can’t you just be happy for me?” Zayn asked hopefully.

“No Zayn, I can’t just be happy for you after what you just did to Reagan, and I can’t believe you expected me to be right now.”