Chapter 38

Chapter 38

“I don’t think I want to work there anymore.” I said. “I’ve found a new job at a coffee shop; I think I’m going to work there.” I said.

“Well I want to go there with you.” Marissa said. “Seeing that jerk will make me want to kill him.” She said as we all ate dinner.

“I’m sure Ruth with let you work too. She owns the small shop; she’s a nice little old lady.” I said, forking around my spaghetti.

“So why was Niall so happy when you both came back that day?” she asked.

“Oh because I told him that I gave him a hard time when he was getting me into bed.” I said smiling widely. Usually girls aren’t happy after getting raped by their boyfriend, but in my case I really don’t even care anymore. As long as I was done with him before he did any real damage. I was still happy about that passionate night with Zayn, although he’s still with his girlfriend. I’ve never really admitted to myself that I actually like Zayn. I’ve always just thought we were friends. But when I see Zayn, I just feel like we’re unstoppable together.

“Reagan I’m really sorry about Jacob and you.” I snapped out of my day dreams of living with Zayn and gazed a Zach.

“Oh it’s not your fault Zach.” I smiled. I looked back to the wall behind him and started dreaming of what our kids would look like together.

“Are you gonna eat your food?” Xavier asked.

“Have it, I’m gonna go call an old friend.” I said, standing up. Xavier took my plate as I walked out the room and up the stairs into my room. I called Zayn as soon as I found my phone.

“I’m going to kill him.” Zayn answered.

“Uh, Zayn…” I said awkwardly. No one’s ever answered the phone saying they’re going to kill someone. “I’d rather you not answer the phone threatening to kill someone Zayn.” I said.

“Sorry baby, Niall just told me and I accidentally punched a hole in the wall and went kind of crazy…I can’t believe he tried to have sex with you…when I see him again it’s gonna be another thing coming for him.” He said angrily.

“Zayn just leave it alone, I’m done with him and it’s ok.”

“Reagan it’s not ok…do you know how bad I feel. I feel like I could’ve helped you if I was there…if I was with you I could’ve done something for you…”

“Zayn it’s alright. You couldn’t have come with me unless you wanted everyone to find out about everything.” I said sighing.

“I wouldn’t care…if I knew he was going to do that I would have went with you…I just can’t stand the thought of him touching you…and…hurting you.” He said. It was like I was his girlfriend in his mind and he wanted to be protective of me, he just can’t do it and show everyone he’s with me.

“Zayn…it doesn’t matter he didn’t do any damage to me…remember.” I said, a smile forming on my face.

“Yes.” He laughed quietly. “I do remember Reagan…I guess you’re right…I just still feel kind of guilty.” He said.

“Well don’t…just have fun on your tour k? Where are you now anyways?” I asked.

“In LA…our first America show of the tour tomorrow.” He said.

“Oh you’re here? Well it’s kind of late Zayn…go to sleep.” I said.

“Why’d you call?” he asked before I could hand up.

“I just wanted to…hear your voice.” I said truthfully. “I really like to talk to you.” I said. Zayn didn’t say anything for a while…making me think I said the wrong thing. “Well I guess I’ll see you ano-“

“I’ve wanted to hear something like that from you…for a long time.” He said something finally. “I just hoped it would be in person…but this…is great anyways.” He said.

“Oh I’m sorry I couldn’t be standing in front of you…I wish I could see you right now…” I said, staring out the window at the night sky. “Although I just saw you on Tuesday and it’s only Saturday…it was great being with you…although I’m still angry with you.” I giggled, pushing my hair behind my ear.

“Are you pushing your hair behind your ear?” Zayn asked.

“Yeah…how’d you know that?” I asked.

“Lucky guess.” He said.

“I guess you just know me very well.” I said, opening my window. I sat down on the window seal. “Well I think I should let you sleep Zayn…you have a show in the morning and I have my first day of work at my new job.” I said.

“Oh where do you work?” he asked.

“This little coffee shop down the road from my neighborhood. I go there a lot and the lady that owns it hired me.” I said.

“That’s nice…what hours do you work?” he asked.

“I work from 10 to 5…only 7 hours.” I said happily. “You should stop by one day.” I said.

“Can I help you?” I asked the guy who walked in. He was wearing a navy blue hood to cover his face but his black hair was sticking out in some places. He walked up to the counter.

“I think you could if you had a room we could go to.” He said, and I knew exactly who it was. I stood up and leaned over the counter I put my hand behind his head and pulled him to my lips. Zayn kissed back over the glass counter.

“Ehem.” I pulled away quickly and turned around.

“Oh sorry Ruth…” I said awkwardly.

“If you’re gonna kiss the costumers, at least do it upstairs.” She said, walking to the counter. “I’m Ruth, and you must be Reagan’s boyfriend…nice to meet you.” She said.

“Oh no, I’m not her boyfriend…just her friend.” Zayn said whispering.

“Same difference. Go ahead up stairs…I have an apartment for you two to…talk.” She said, handing me a key.

“Come on.” I bobbed my head up the stairs. Zayn followed me up, passing by all the customers. When we got to the top he pushed me against the wall and kissed me again. I moaned lightly. “Wait, we’re not even in the room yet.” I said, pulled him to the door the key went to because it said the numbers. I unlocked the door and Zayn pushed me in quickly. By my knowing of the shop, this is right above where the customers eat. “Someone’s eager.” I said. Zayn pulled off the hood, stepping closer. Our noses brushed together and he pecked my lips. 

"I'm just happy to see you." he said.