Chapter 20

Chapter 20

“I haven’t seen you for a while.” The bar tender, Jenny said as she cleaned the bar.

“Yeah, my brother and sister came in town and I couldn’t,” I said, starting to massage my temples. “I just couldn’t mae it after work because I always had to go to them.”

“And where are they now?” he asked, bending down under the counter. I waited for her to pop back up before saying;

“Next door neighbor agrees to watch them when I’m working; she’s a nice elderly lady.” I mumbled my head in my hands. Everything has been so stressful now ‘n days. With the twins, with my work. Having two jobs now, I have to shift from the office to a shoot almost every day at work, making it much more stressful. “Can I get another beer please?” I asked her. “I don’t feel so good anymore.”

“You can’t just keep drinking down beers babe.” He set an already made beer in front of me. “Go on a vacation, get everything out of your head. You can leave the twins with me if you want. I see you’ve been walking slowly now and days you need a break. Go to Hawaii or something for the weekend.”

“Do I look like I have the money to go to Hawaii for a while?” I asked, gazing up at her. “I hardly have money to pay my bills.” I muttered. “I ought to be getting another job.”

“You have friends who have enough money to give you a well needed trip.” She winked at me. I did grow to know Jenny very well, and told her everything going on. She was the advice giver to me.

“I can’t just take advantage of Zayn…or Harry…or Niall-Danielle!?” I exclaimed.

“Maybe you could just go to Danielle’s place for a weekend.” Jenny nodded, winking at me as she walked into a back room.

“You’re leaving!?” Bobby and Hunter both asked. “B-B-But what about us?” they asked.

“You’re going to be staying with my friend, and it’s just for 3 days.” I said as I threw clothes into my case. They groaned and slumped away angrily. “Don’t use that tone with me, I’ve already had to put up with you and work at the same time!” I exclaimed.

“No! You go to work and leave us next door, all we do is eat and sleep.” I walked around the book shelf and looked at them clean up the small living room.

“Along with pay the bills of you, clean up after you, feed you, entertain you. I have needs too you know! But I love you so much that I push mines away.” Both their heads fell and they walked away quickly. “No one gets it!” I muttered to myself, walking back around to my bed. I pulled the case off the bed and pulled out my phone seeing I already had a text.

From Dani:

Hey, I’ll be waiting at the airport for you babe, I can’t wait to see you Reagan.

A smile instantly formed on my face. For the first time in my life I’ve had friends other than my family. Including Zayn, Niall, Louis, Liam, Harry, Danielle, Jenny, Eleanor. I couldn’t be any happier then right now, at this moment, right now. I texted her back thankfully and quickly put my phone in my back pocket. I walked into the bathroom and Hunter was getting her toothbrush as I walked in. She glanced at me in the mirror and disappeared out the door quickly, ignoring my eyes. “Give us 5 minutes.” I heard her say. All the happiness in me from only 2 seconds before seemed to vanish as soon as I saw myself in the mirror. Bags were forming under my eyes, the color in my eyes seemed to be fading along with the color in my hair. I was surprised I wasn’t getting wrinkles. I ran my fingers through my hair, which seemed to be getting thinner and less healthy.

“Are you guys ready now?” I said loudly.

“Yeah.” I heard their quiet voices. I walked out the bathroom after collecting all my things out of it and put it in my carryon bag. We all walked out and I locked the door behind me.

“Jenny’s waiting down stairs, guys she’s taking off the same time as me for you. So be sure to thank her everyday ok?” they both grunted, and I took that as a yes and left it at that. We pulled out heavy things into the elevator and I pressed the button to the bottom floor. “Don’t misbehave, please.”

“We know how to act.” Bobby muttered.

“Don’t talk unless spoken to, don’t eat to much and please do not barmaid her with things about One Dir-“

“Reagan would you shut up!” I starred at them wide-eyed as we got to the bottom. The doors opened and I felt tears slipping down my cheeks. I pushed past them out the elevator and out the door of the building. I saw a couple of paparazzi, taking my surprise. Jenny was leaning against her black car as Hunter and Bobby emerged from the doors. I called for a cab quickly and didn’t say anything to anybody, but just hopped in the back and told the driver where I wanted to go. Why was I feeling so bad about life right now? I don’t know why, I’ve never felt so miserable in my life. I’m only holding on to strings with my sanity.

“Reagan!” I looked up slowly and spotted Danielle in front of a silver car. “Reag-oh my, what happened to you. You look like you’ve just seen death.” She took my suit case and led me into the backseat of the car.

“I’m really hungry right now.” I said as she slipped in next to me and I heard some voices and felt the car driving off. I just feel so, empty. My vision became blurred, but I wasn’t even tired. "I just really need, like...a...burger...or...somethin-"

“REAGAN! REAGAN, OH MY.” Darkness started taking over me quickly and I started seeing white dots until everything was completely gone.