Chapter 24

Chapter 24

“I know you sneaked out last night.” Danielle said, spooning through her cereal.

“Twitter is amazing isn’t it?!” I asked, winking at her.

“Yeah, it kind of is.” She laughed, “I’m not mad at you or anything though, we’re all friends right?” she got some more Captain Crunch and milk. “Anyways, you should probably pack now, it’ll be better then right before going to the airport.”

“Are we going somewhere?” I asked.

“Yeah, we’re going to get Liam, he’s probably at his mom’s house or something.” Just as she said that the door opened and Liam walked in. “Or he’s walking in right now.” Danielle added, getting up and running up to him. I washed my empty bowl and set it in the dishwasher as they ate each other’s faces.

“I heard you were at Niall’s last night.” Liam said, walking in the kitchen after a couple of minutes.

“Hasn’t everybody?” I smiled at him sarcastically. “I’m going to go pack now, leave you 2 loves bugs to your stuff.”

“Thanks for letting me stay at your place Danielle.” I hugged her tightly. “Oh, is that…Louis?” I let her go and looked at Louis and Eleanor walking towards me. “Oh hi guys, nice to see you’re here to watch me leave.” Louis and Eleanor hugged me, laughing quietly.

“I heard you were at Niall’s last night.” Eleanor said.

“Hasn’t everybody?” I said for the second time. “Twitter is amazing isn’t it?”

“Yeah, I didn’t get it from Twitter though, really it’s all over everywhere.” I shrugged my shoulders and adjusted my bag on my shoulder. My phone started ringing and I took it out.

“I’m surprised paparazzi hasn’t shown up with 2 me-oh Harry’s coming, -mebers of One Direction standing outside an airport.” I looked up and looked past Liam, Harry drove up and hoped out of his car.

“I guess everyone wants to come to say goodbye.” Harry said, hugging me. He kissed me cheek, like always. “I heard you-“

“Were at Niall’s. Hasn’t everybody?” he smiled, and I returned the gesture. “I’m surprised they aren’t here yet.” I shrugged.

“Hey there’s paparazzi!” Louis said. I turned around and was blinded by flashes. I ran into the half crowded airport and thought everyone left, but soon found out they were right behind me.

“Uhm, my plane’s taking off in an hour so I’ll just be going guys.” I hugged Danielle again. “Nice to visit here.” I hugged Liam. “And I’d be happy to let you all come to my small place.” I hugged Eleanor. “Hunter would be happy to see you also.” I hugged Louis. “Maybe I’ll get her tickets to one of your shows or something.” I slapped my thighs. “And it was nice seeing my only friends and stuff, but I have to get back to work tomorrow.” I hugged Harry. When I was about to pull away his arms tightened around me.

“You should stay.” I pulled myself away from him.

“I already missed enough of work, I can’t. Plus Regina has probably got like 20,000 shoots for me or something, I have to much to do.” My hands went into my pockets, and I pulled out…Zayn’s cigarette pack.

“You smoke?” Harry asked.

“No, no not at all I just, took it away from Zayn.” Their eyes widened. “No big deal.” I back away slowly and tossed it into the trashcan. “I’ll just be, going.” I sprinted off quickly.

“Nice to see you again Reagan,” Cathy said as I passed the receptionist desk.                                                     

“Same to you Cath.” I said, getting on the escalator. Once I got on the floor, I started towards my office, but stopped as I saw a new person in the office next to mines. “Hello!” I said, leaning against her door frame. “I’m Reagan.”

“The Assistant CEO of the Modeling Agency of New York?” she gooed, and walked to me and shook my hand. “Also friend of One Direction!?” her hand still held mines. “I’m Naomi”

“Uhm, yeah.” I said. I guess when other people say it, it does sound kind of good. “What position are you in?” I asked politely.

“Oh I’m just your assistant.” My eyes widened. “You’re my boss.” She winked.

“Oh, and did Cathy hire you or something?” I asked.

“No Regina, she said you’d be needing help now ‘n days.” I could see myself getting along with her.

“How old are you?” I asked.

“Oh, just turned 18 the other day.” She said happily. I wished her a happy birthday and she insisted that she go back to work. I walked into my office, missing the smell of it after 3 whole days. Yes, I know such a long time right? Although it’s like that after every long week of work. Except this week, I can’t help be just a little bit happier. I mean I saw all my friends, I even admitted to actually liking Zayn. I fainted from stress, but all the stress seemed to be lifted from me in less than a day. I even found out that my dad, wasn’t my actual dad and my actual father is under my phone case right now. But, it’s whatever. I logged onto my iMac quickly and leaned back in my chair when I saw I didn’t have anything to do today. Just as I was about to take a small nap, my phone started ringing.

“Hello Zayn.” I answered. “Wait, don’t tell me. You heard I was at Niall’s the other night?” I joked, and heard his laugh through the phone.

“No babe, but it sounds like you got that a lot.”

“You could say that.” I placed my leg’s on my desk and leaned back in my computer chair. “Why’re you calling Zayn? We talked only yesterday.”  I heard a slight chuckle.

“Because I can’t stay away from you love.” My cheeks heated up quickly. “Hey, I’m going back on tour tomorrow but I bet I can leave early today and come show you a visit.”

“And what would we do?” I asked.

“Whatever you want, or I want.” I sighed deeply.

“And what do you think that would accomplish? Because as far as I know you have a girlfriend, and we already settled that on Niall’s bed.” I knew he rolled his eyes when I said that, I could just feel it. “Zayn, I’m at work-“

“But it’s obvious you’re not doing anything, because you’re talking to me.” He had a point.

“NAOMI!” I said. Naomi came running into my office.

“Yes?” she asked.

“Can you get me some coffee, I’m really thristy. You know I just came from London and I hardly got any sleep last night, I need something that can wake me up.” She nodded and ran out quickly. “You know I bet I’m the youngest CEO of New York’s Modeling Agency, and I’m a model at the same time. How good could life get?”

“It could get really good, especially on my point of view.”

“I wish I was in your point of view, I mean being able to sing to millions of people who love you. Being able to tour the world and do amazing things would just be amazing.” I gooed over his job through the phone.

“I wish you could come with me, everywhere I go.”

“I wish too, but I think I’ll stay where I am. Especially because I don’t think your fans would be to happy to see me at every show.” I heard shuffling through the other end of the phone. “But I do wish I could see you every day.”

“I can’t wait until the day I wake up to your beautiful face.” I gazed at the corner of my desk.

“Zayn you shouldn’t hope for that. I mean neither of us know what’s going to happen. I could get a boyfriend for all I kno-“ he cut me off before I could finish my sentence.

“I can’t hope for anything. I’m only going to wait until it happens.” Was all he said. “Niall and I have to finish packing, but I’ll call you tomorrow, when I get off the flight k?”

“Yeah, I’ll talk to you tomorrow.”