Chapter 21

Chapter 21 Zayn’s POV

I tapped my foot lightly, stress taking over me. I was dying to see her, right now. Just running through the halls until I find her door, emerge through them and see her body lying on the bed, smiling at me. But that was only me dreaming of course, this wasn’t a jolly situation. Everything felt so wired, like my world was on pause just because Reagan was in the hospital. My head was in my hands as so many thoughts ran through my helpless mind. What if she’s dead? What if when she wakes up, she doesn’t remember me and falls in love with Harry? “Zayn!” my head snapped up and Niall was standing in front of me, holding a cup of water to my face. I shook my head and looked back down at my feet. “Zayn she’s gonna be ok.” He said, trying to make me calm somehow. But I wasn’t about to calm down, I need Reagan. She’s the reason I smile every day, just thinking about her.

“Niall I don’t want to talk right now.” I mumbled.

“Zayn, let’s walk. Just you and me.” I sighed, thinking for a second. Niall is the only one who knows everything. Before I could say anything a lady came running into the waiting room.

“WHERE IS SHE!?” she yelled, taking everybody in the room by surprise. “Reagan, where is she?” her hair was the same as Reagan’s, along with her face too. This must be her mum.

“Who’re you?” Harry asked. Really, could you be any thicker? She’s basically another Reagan, only with brown eyes.

“I’m her mother you nut!” she exclaimed, her voice raging with anger. “And I want to know what’s wrong with her!” her voice suddenly cracked. I pushed past Niall and walked up to her. She looked up and wrapped her arms around my instantly. I stood there for a second, blinking rapidly. Well this took a turn quickly. I hugged her back quickly, her pain wearing off on me. We both feel for Reagan.

“Mom why are you hugging Zayn?” she leapt off of me and everyone turned around to see;

“Reagan!” we all shouted. Her mom ran up to her, and nearly knocked her down with her hug. She’s obviously a hugger. “Oh honey, I haven’t seen you in ages. I’m sorry I didn’t call and I’m sorry about the twins. But I’ll explain everything.” Reagan looked worst than ever. Still beautiful, but worst than ever. She was pale all over; her hair wasn’t shining so very healthy. Her eyes weren’t a nice sky blue anymore and bags were forming under her eyes. The hospital robes made her look even worst.

“Mom, it’s ok.” Reagan choked out through…oh no not the tears.

“Why are you here? What happened?”

“Stress,” Reagan’s eyes turned to me. “I fainted because of stress.” Perrie stepped to my side, someone I had forgotten was even here. But of course, someone would call my girlfriend. They mine as well called everyone’s families along with her. Not that I don’t love her, but really, she doesn’t even know Reagan like the rest of us.

“Why don’t we go talk?” her mom turned her around and Reagan’s eyes pulled away from mines. Sadly, she limped away with her mom.

“A walk…I think that’s well needed, yeah.” I felt so angry. I wish nobody else was there, I’d kiss her happy again if it was the last thing I did. I felt like throwing something, and Perrie was lucky she wasn’t small enough. I slapped my hand over my forehead and paced around in circles.

“Zayn, why are you more stressed than the rest of us?” Perrie asked.

“Just leave him be Perrie.” I heard Niall’s voice say. I wish everyone would just vanish and it’d be me a Reagan walking on a beach or something, laughing and playing like we usually do. I can’t stand the thought of her fainting because of stress. “He’s going through things right now.” Damn right I’m going through things, my girlfriend- I mean best friend just fainted because of stress. And I probably have something to do with it, which makes me feel even worst.