Chapter 33

Chapter 33

I swiped my workers card once again, signing out of the ob for today. “Hey cutie.” I turned around and the life guard, Jacob, greeted me.

“Hey Jacob, how was your day?” I asked.

“Fine…saved a couple of kids playing around and all…it was fine though.” He shrugged, signing out with me. “Want to head down to the bar with me? I can drive you home tonight if you want. I’ll be the designated driver.” I hesitated for a second and shook my head.

“I don’t think I’ll be drinking but I guess I could go with you. I’ll leave Marissa a message.” I said, I took a sticky noted from the board and wrote a message for Marissa, telling her I’ll be getting a ride home. I changed out of my work clothes and into some black jeans and a grandpa sweater. I slipped into some black vans, when I walked out the employee’s bathroom Jacob was waiting for me. He just threw on a white shirt with his red swim shorts. We both head down to the bar. Jacob wasn’t ugly now that I look at him. He’s really cute actually now that I say, and he has abs.

“So, what’s up with you?” he asked.

“Nothing really, just…working and living and stuff.” I said. “What about you, any girlfriends?” I asked.

“Nope, I’m as single as a dolla' bill.” He winked, making me laugh. “What about you? Do you have a boyfriend? Oh who am I kidding; of course a hot girl like you would have a boyfriend. No guy in the world would pass you.” He put his arm around my waist.

“Yeah, I don’t have a boyfriend.” I said, smiling widely. His jaw dropped sarcastically. “And thanks for that complement.” We walked into the bar together, and said hello to some of the other hotel workers. I set my bag down on the bar and sat down on the stool next to Jacob.

“Do you want a boyfriend?” he asked.

“I don’t even know you well Jacob. I think we should get to know each other before making anything official.” I said.

“Fine, what do you want to know?” he asked.

“I don’t know, just tell me stuff about yourself.” I shrugged.

“Well I’m from here, and I’ve lived here most of my life. Except when I was 10, we moved to Utah, but we came back 3 years later. My dad left when he found out my mom was pregnant, and my mom raised me all by myself until I was 13. When we moved back over here, I had a step dad who came with us. I had my doubts about him and I told my mom I didn’t think he was right for her. I was right, he would come home drunk and smelling like another girl. After 4 more years of dealing with him, he finally did the thing I was waiting for. He hit my mom.” I gasped quietly as he continued. “I pulled him out into the lawn and started just…well after that my mom pulled me off of him and pushed me away. She told me to go and leave and that she loved him. I didn’t say anything or do anything else, I just left.” He said. “And I’ve worked here since I was 18, now I’m 21.” She shrugged.

“I’m so sorry.” I said, laying my hand on his shoulder.

“No need to say sorry, what about you?” he asked.

“Well…my mom had me, I grew up, dad died when I was 10, mom had my brother and sister, I moved out when I was about 19 and I got a good job in New York. I moved to California and bam!” I said lazily.

“Reagan…” Jacob said, grinning.

“Fine…I was born and grew up in Las Vegas, when I was 10 my dad died of lung cancer just 3 months before my mom had my brother and sister who are identical. I never had a bad step dad, or did anything bad. I helped my mom raise my brother and sister and when I was 18 I moved to New York after I graduated. I become the assistant CEO of a Modeling Agency, and a model then I was laid off because I started drinking and was an alcoholic. I decided to move to California and get some roommates to live with and yeah.” I shrugged.

“Oh, I’m sorry about your dad.” Jacob said.

“I had a boyfriend named Jacob in middle school…he died of cancer too.” I said.

“Oh…I’m really sorry then.” Jacob said.

“You don’t have to be sorry Jacob, it’s not your fault is it?” I said, smiling nicely at him. “So why don’t you have a girlfriend?” I asked.

“I guess I’ve just been waiting for the right girl.” He winked.

“And you think I’m the right girl?” I asked honestly. Really? I’d never date myself even if I wanted to. I mean I’m not special, if anything I’m horrible. I’m crazy, I’m mean, I’m sensitive, moody, and just…I would never. We sat at the bar talking for what seemed like forever, without ordering anything. When finally we agreed to go home.

“You should come stay with me tonight.” Jacob offered.

“Or you could come stay with me. I have some laundry to do.” I said, punching his arm lightly.

“Ok, doesn’t matter to me.” He shrugged.                  

“Really? I was just kidding, but if you would like to come home with me you can.”

I opened my eyes slowly, lifting my head up to take a look around. I saw another arm around my waist and remember I let Jacob stay over with me. He was spooning me tightly, making me feel safe. I heard someone click their tongue and I looked over at the door. Marissa, Zach, and Xavier were all shaking their heads. I rolled my eyes and rolled over in his arms. He smelt good too, just like Zayn always did…Zayn. I didn’t even think about him last night, I was too into conversation with Jacob. That’s weird, I’m usually always thinking about Zayn. “I’ve been waiting for you to wake up.” Jacob whispered in my ear.

“Sorry, you could’ve woken me up.” I whispered.

“I didn’t want to…not that I was watching you sleep or anything.” We both started laughing quietly. I sat up and stretched my arms. Jacob and I got out of bed, and the 3 intruders left. I walked out of the room and downstairs, Jacob following. We walked into the kitchen.

“Oh hey Niall.” I said when I saw him…”NIALL!” I exclaimed. He was gazing up at Jacob.

“Hey, you’re from One Direction aren’t you. I didn’t know you famous people.” Jacob laughed. I stared at Niall wide eyed. I did not think he’d be here.

“Niall this is Jacob, Jacob this is my friend Niall.” I introduced them awkwardly.

“And Jacob is….what to you exactly?” Niall asked. Of course he’d ask that. So he could go tell everyone all about it.

“We haven’t said yet.” I shrugged.

“Oh babe, I’ve got to get to work now. I wish I could stay for breakfast, I know you can cook.” He said, patting his pockets. “Car key, phone.”

“Aren’t you going to take a shower?” I asked.

“Yeah, I can do that now… Uhm, nice to meet you Niall. I’ll see you at the hotel Reagan.” He kissed my forehead and ran out of the kitchen quickly. I turned to Niall who was eating a piece of bacon and typing on his phone.

“You’re telling Zayn aren’t you?” I asked. He glanced up.

“Wha?- oh noooo.” I could tell you was straight up lying.

“Well I don’t care because he can’t say who I’m gonna date or not. You can tell anyone that I have a new interest if you want, I don’t care. He has a wife, and I’m not going to wait for him to do anything.” I said, waving my arms around in the air. “And if he’s mad about it, tell him he can suck on it.”

“You can tell him.” Niall handed me his phone. He was face calling him. Zayn popped up and looked taken back when he saw me.

“Reagan…where’s your new boyfriend?” he asked.

“Hello to you too! And he’s in the shower, it was along night last night.” I said, pouring myself some orange juice. “But if you’re mad Zayn, you need not to be because you have no reason to.” I said.

“I am mad, and I don’t need a reason to be mad.” He said.

“Why’re you mad?” I asked. “Because I’m living without you? I mean what do you expect, me to just watch you make out with Perrie then come for relationship advice all the time. Zayn I’m just so done talking to you right now, so I’m gonna go get ready for work and leave you here with Niall.” I waved goodbye and left him there yelling things at me.