Chapter 34

Reagan, Zach, and Jacob *In that order*

Chapter 34

“To the beach!” I said, pulling on my sun glasses. I hoped out of the car and ran off the parking lot and into the sand. It was finally hot enough to go to the beach! Someone grabbed my waist and spun my around over their shoulder. I looked down and knew who it was exactly. “Jacob…” I groaned.

“Oh hey, how’d you get up there?” he asked casually.

“Jacob, please don’t throw me into the water.” I begged, because I could tell he was heading that way.

“I won’t, I promise.” He said. I sighed a great breath of relief. He set me down in front of him and wrapped his arms around my waist. He picked me up again and spun me around playfully. I laughed loudly, even when he put me back on my feet. “Come on.” He took my hand and we started walking down the beach together. “So can we make it official yet?” he asked.

“Well I’ve gotten to know you in the past months and I think it’s good to say yes we can make it official.” He stopped, and I stopped with him. I turned around to face him and looked up. Why are guys always so tall? He leaned down and pressed his lips to mines for the first time ever. I let go of his hand, and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“So you two…are…dating now?” Marissa asked, typing on her phone. She paused and looked up, waiting for my answer.

“You’re telling Niall aren’t you?” I asked.

“Wha-no.” I could tell she was lying…just like Niall.

“Yeah we are.” I said, smiling up at Jacob. He kissed my forehead lightly. “and tell him I’m really happy too.” I added.

“YOU GUYS WANNA GO OUT TONIGHT!?” I screamed to everyone in the house. I heard everyone say sure so I got up and went upstairs to get ready, Jacob following.

“Where are we going exactly?” Jacob asked as I drove out of the drive way.

“Seatbelts…unless you want to be thrown out of the window.” I told everyone. I’m a crazy freaking driver. “And you’ll see once we get there won’t we?” I asked.

“Why can’t you just tell us?” Zach asked.

“Because it’s a surprise, plus we have to stop at the art store to get some spray paint.” I said, swerving around the corner.

“What?! Are we going to go law breaking?” Marissa asked, sticking her head in the front seat.

“Please, sit back and keep those seatbelts on.” I said that because I turned around the corner and she ended up hitting her head on the seat. “And of course I wouldn’t take you to break laws, you can trust me guys.” I said.

“Uhm, how much is it?” I asked to guard.

“10 for car, 15 with the purchase of spray cans.” He said.

“I got my own cans, so I’ll be paying 10.” I pulled out a 10 dollar bill and paid the guard. I drove through the gates that opened as soon as I paid, and parking along with other cars. “Come on guys, bring the cans!” I said. I skidded to the art alley, everyone following. “It’s a place where you can spray paint without getting in trouble!” I exclaimed. I took a can out of the bag and started spray paint my name in bubble letters. My phone starting ringing in my back pocket and I answered it. “Yellow?” I answered.

“I think you mean hello.” Zayn’s voice said.

“No.” I stepped away from the wall just as everyone else joined in. “and what do you want?” I asked.

“Come with me to the Caribbean.” He said.

“No, I won’t, I won’t take you up on that offer Z-dude. You know I’ve just started a relationship.” I whispered yelled angrily at him.

“I know that Reagan. But I came to visit you when I was in a relationship…nothing bad happened.” He said casually.

“Nothing bad happened Z-dude!” I exclaimed and started whispering again. “We ended up making every single time.” I put my finger in my other ear as I spoke.

“I know, but you’re in a relationship, I’m in a relationship…nothing will happen.” He said.

“I’m not going.”

“I’ll text you the ticket, see you tomorrow.” He said.

“I have work tomorrow!” I said.

“So do I, we’ll have a fun week together now wont we?” he asked.

“Wee-“ he hung up. I stomped my foot angrily and took my phone from my ear. He really ended the call in my face. I turned around and everyone was still painting, thankfully they didn’t listen in on the convo or anything. “I have to go to my mom’s tomorrow.” I said.

“Why?” Jacob asked.

“She’s in the hospital for surgery; I’m just going to take care of my brother and sister for a week while she’s recovering.” I lied. “I’ll be back though, we can video chat and stuff babe.” I said.

“Ok, or I could just come with you.” He said.

“No…I don’t think I’m ready for you to meet my family yet.” I said quickly…a little too quickly.

“Ok, I’ll stay.” He said. I saw he was spray painting his name above mines. “I’ll tell the hotel you had some family stuff to do also.” He said.

“Will you? Thanks.” I said, wrapping my arms around him from behind. “I’m gonna miss you.” He turned around and kissed the top of my head.

“So I heard you’re dating Jacob.” Another lifeguard girl said, starting to walk with me out of the hotel. Yes, I did come by to say where I was going to be anyways, turns out Jacob beat me to it like he said he would. “You should be careful.” She hinted.

“What do you mean?” I asked, pushing my hair behind my ear.

“I mean, he gets around to a lot of girls in and out of this hotel.” She said. “So I wouldn’t get to close, he’s only looking for one thing.” She said.

“Yeah, and what is that?” I asked, getting kind of angry.

“Because I was you…he took my virginity and stopped talking to me. A week later he was dating you.” I stopped in my tracks, but she continued to walk on. “If I were you, I wouldn’t let him take it.” She turned around and started walking backwards. “Cheat on him, tell him, and break it off. He won’t hurt anyone ever again then.” She pulled on her sunglasses and turned around, making a turn to her car.