Chapter 27

Chapter 27 Reagan’s POV

I finished unpacking my things and I threw the last box on the floor. “Hey, Reagan…we’re having a house meeting.” I turned around and Marissa was standing in my door way. “Down in the living room.”

“Ok,” I said, following her out. It’s been almost a year since I last saw everybody after I ran out of the restaurant. 10 months exactly. I missed the wedding, and moved to California where I moved in with 3 new roommates. Marissa, Zach, and Xavier. We were all the same age, 20, and found each other on craigslist. I sat down on the couch and set my feet up on the coffee table. We’ve actually known each other for about 6 months, I just haven’t gotten around to unpacking yet. I left my furniture at my old apartment, I didn’t want to drag to much with me. “So…” I said.

“You guys wanna go get tattoos tomorrow?” Xavier asked, scrolling through his phone.

“Sure…I don’t know what I would get though.” I said. “Can you die my ends blonde?” I asked Marissa.

“Sure…”

I stared in the mirror at my new tattoo across my collar bone. There was a small anchor then said ‘I refuse to sink’ in writing. I ran my fingers through my soft hair that was now blonde on the ends. It’s a nice change… “I want to get my belly button pierced!” I exclaimed. I laid back down on the chair.

“That’ll be 20 extra…” the artist said. I shrugged my shoulder.

“I can pay…”

“Well it’ll take a year before you can take it out. You can swim after the first 3 months, but you’ll have to clean it twice a day. No hanging chain until after 6 months.” He pulled out an apple slice and needle. “It’s going to hurt…” he said, putting ice on my belly button.

“Ok…” I squinted my eyes tightly and fisted my hands as he put the apple over top. I felt the needle go through my skin and let out a small squeak. “Ow…that really did….hurt.” I said.

“I’m not done.” He said. Swinging the small ball piercing in my face. He pushed it through directly after the needle and screwed the top on.

“Lord…” I muttered.

“We have the cleaning kit for the tattoo and piercing for 10 dollars extra.” He said.

“Sure.” I mumbled as we walked out of the room. I touched my belly button and winced slightly. I pulled my wallet from my back pocket and paid. I had a huge saving account from my modeling job, which meant I had a long time until I ran out. He put the kits in a bag and I walked out with Zach, Marissa, and Xavier.

“I didn’t know you’d go so far to get a piercing you’re so different now.” Marissa said as we got into the car. “But you look nice, and the tattoo shows a little on your shirt…makes you look sexy.” She winked.

“Thanks…I just really needed a change.” I said, sliding in the front seat. Zach and Xavier sat in the back. Letting Marissa drive.

“So Zayn Malik from One Direction just got married yesterday to Perrie Edwards from Little Mix.” I flipped from the channel.

“Did you hear about the wedding between One Direction’s Zayn Malik and Perr-“ I flipped the channel again.

“Perrie and Zayn Malik! They just got mar-“ I turned off the TV and tossed the remote beside me. I stood up and slipped into my flip flops. I pushed my hair out of my face and grabbed the car keys just as Zach came down the stairs.

“Hey can I come?” Zack asked. I pulled my sun glasses on and walked out the door, nodding my head. We hoped in the car and swerved out of the parking lot. I don’t know why I was driving somewhere at 12 in the morning, I just wanted to because I finally learned how to drive. I was stopped behind a car and flashes stopped me from moving forward. “Well this is fun.” Zach said.