Chapter 1: Seclusion and Awakening

It was getting dark now. Not that it really mattered to you anyway. The further you walked away from everything, the better.

You would keep on walking forever if you could. Anything just to get away from everything you had known.

Now you wanted to forget it all.

More importantly, you wanted it all to forget you as well. No matter what, you didn't care about what happened in the world.

You just wanted to be alone. Things would be much better that way.

Walking along the road out of town, the odd car passed you by. The headlights illuminated you for a brief few moments as they passed, before fading to darkness again.

You just hoped that if you kept your head down, no one would acknowledge your existence.

The next car came by, it's headlights beaming on you as you heard it screech to a halt.

"Shit....." You thought to yourself as you kept your head down and kept on moving.

"Hey kid! What are you doing out here this late at night? Shouldn't you be at home?" A voice came out of the car after you heard the window roll down.

You stopped walking just for a moment and lifted your head to look at the driver. A slight gasp leaving their mouth as they saw your lifeless eyes.

"No." You said before turning your head forward and walking on.

"H-Hey! Do you need help kid?! You don't look alright!!" The driver yelled after you, but you just ignored them.

You heard the revving of the car engine, followed by the sound of the car turning around speeding in your direction.

"Why won't they just go away?!" You exclaimed to yourself as you took of running.

It wasn't much good seeming as the car was much faster than you, so of course they very quickly caught up.

Just as they were about to stop and cut you off, you quickly changed your course and ran into the forest.

The trees got thick really quickly and you were soon deep enough in it, that no one would find you.

Finally, you took a moment to take a breather after running. Slumping down against a tree, you took your bag off your shoulders.

This bag was full of the only items you owned. Some of it you had to leave behind mainly because you did not need any of it.

And some of it would just hurt too much to bring along.

"Good....I lost them. I'll take a quick rest and then continue on to find shelter." You thought to yourself as you heard a distant rumble of thunder.

You didn't stay long as you didn't fancy being caught in a downpour. Quickening your pace, eventually you made it to your destination.

An old abandoned mansion, a good distance out of town. No one had been to this place in years, and you reckoned that no one would ever touch it again.

"This is perfect. I'll keep myself here." You thought as you walked up to the gate and tried to push it open.

Locked. Just like you thought.

Letting out a sigh, you grabbed onto the gate and started to climb it. This took a while, but you eventually made it to the top and let yourself fall down the other side.

Landing perfectly on your feet, you walked up to the front door and stopped in front of it.

"Hopefully not locked...." You mumbled as you gently tried to push it open.