Chapter 6: Public Performance

Sakura awoke late at night and rubbed her head as she sat up.

"What time is it? It's still dark so there must be hours left until it's morning." She thought.

All of a sudden, her attention was brought to the sound of slight whimpering. She looked around the room to try and find it source.

Eventually she found it. It was you.

"Y/n....." She stood up and shuffled quietly over to you.

Crouching next to you, she could see how much you were shaking and sweating as you slept.

"Is it a nightmare?" She mumbled to herself as she gently placed her hand on your head.

Gently, she began to rub it to see if it helped calm you down. It took a little while, but you did stop shaking after a while and your whimpers died down.

Seeing you calm down was enough to make her feel relieved again.

"Terrible insomnia and has nightmares.....poor Y/n....." She thought.

She remained by your side for a little longer, seeing no harm in keeping you some company for a little while as you slept.

~

The day of the girls' first public performance together dawned and everyone piled into the van at a reasonable time so that you could properly prepare before letting them get out on the stage.

As ever, you sat up the front with Kotaro. Your eyes fixed on the road, but they did occasionally glance up at the rear view mirror so you could see all the girls.

Soon enough though, you pulled up into a parking space at Saga castle. Once he turned the engine off, Kotaro unclipped his seatbelt and climbed into the back of the truck.

"Okay ladies!! Let's get you looking your best before sending you all out there!" He cheered as he reached for the makeup kit.

You unclipped your own seatbelt and followed suit, sitting down on your knees waiting for Kotaro to give you an instruction.

"Here you are! I doubled up on the equipment for ya! That way you don't have to keep trying to tell me you need more!" He said while pushing a box over to you.

When you opened it, you found all the things you needed to apply the makeup. Just as you started to prepare yourself, you heard shuffling and then the sound of someone seating themselves in front of you.

Looking up, it was Sakura who smiled and waved at you.

"Could you do mine for me please, Y/n?" She asked.

You nodded and gestured for her to get a little closer, which she did. You then reached into the box and started to mix up the makeup before slowly starting to apply it.

The paste that Kotaro had managed to procure was very good at making the skin look just like it did when the girls were humans, and you were seeing it work it's magic first hand when you started applying it in Sakura.

You gently held onto her chin as you leant in a little closer to make sure you were covering every inch.

As you did this, Sakura could feel the blush enter her cheeks just at how close you were getting to her.

"He's so gentle....and so close." She thought.

She did her absolute best to keep her blush down as you continued working. To best do this, she decided to look right into your eyes.

There she found emptiness.

"It's like staring into the void....it's really heartbreaking to be honest." She thought.