Chapter 5: More Than A Coincidence

Everyone was back in the practice room again the next day. Like before, Sakura was practicing her dancing with Kotaro as her instructor. However she wasn't fully focused on what she was doing.

"I can't get last night off my mind...." She said, starting to reminisce.

About hearing the gun clicking and then opening her eyes and seeing you stood in front of her again.

"On the night we met....it happened then as well. He was stood in the way....." She thought as she looked at your reflection in the mirror.

You were even more huddled away this time, avoiding looking at anyone. Which was even harder because Junko and Ai had their gaze fixed on you as well.

Both of them thinking about last night just like Sakura.

"I can't believe we were going to be shot...." Junko said.

"Yeah....I thought I was gonna die." Ai replied.

"You mean, die again?" Junko asked as Ai nodded her head.

"You get what I mean." She said.

"But I can't help but think....the officer tried firing all of his shots. None of them ended up working. Plus, Y/n was stood in the way...." Ai said before trailing off.

"That's true....I would understand if a single shot didn't fire. But all six? That doesn't make sense." Junko said.

"Right. The only other person that was there was Sakura. She's looked slightly off today. Maybe we should talk to her about it?" Ai asked.

Junko nodded her head in agreement.

Meanwhile with nothing better to do, Lily skipped over and sat on the floor next to you. She gently tapped you, getting your attention.

"Hi! I'm Lily!" She said with a cutesy grin.

".....Y/n." You replied.

"Why do you always try and hide Y/n?" The girl asked, getting straight to the point.

"Whenever you're with us you act like you don't wanna be seen. Are you scared of us?" She continued.

You shook your head.

"Oh! Then....why?" Lily probed on, but didn't get an answer as Kotaro announced that practice was over for the day.

She turned to look at you, only to find that you had already began making your way out of the room.

"H-Hey! Wait up!" She called after you and scurried to her feet.

"Leave him." Kotaro said which stopped Lily in her tracks.

"B-But-!" She tried to say something but was silenced by Kotaro again.

"I will deal with it. You all get some rest. I shall see you in the morning." He said as he walked out of the studio, leaving all the zombie girls on their own.

"This just keep getting weirder and weirder! The guy just confuses me at this point." Saki said.

"I really wish I knew what was bothering him...." Sakura said as she turned her eyes down to the ground.

She heard the others shuffle out of the room and then the sound of the door closing behind them.

"Sakura."

Her head shot up to find that Ai and Junko had stayed behind in the room with her.

"Ai? Junko? What's up?" She asked.

"We wanted to talk to you about last night." Ai said.

"Last night? W-which part? A lot happened...." Sakura said as she rubbed her head.