Chapter 16: Saga Rock

After all the practice over the last few weeks and worrying about whether or not the group would be complete when taking to the stage, Franchouchou was gearing up for their first big outdoor performance.

You could tell that the girls were nervous, but you also knew that they had it in them to give the best performance some of the crowd had ever seen.

When all of them had gotten dressed into their idol outfits, you took a look at them. You thought they all looked wonderful.

"So....h-how do we look Y/n?" Sakura asked.

"Wonderful." You said and watched as they all began to blush.

"How very kind of you to say my lord." Yugiri said with a sweet smile.

You bowed your head slightly and walked up to Sakura. The blush on her cheeks getting worse as you got closer.

You tilted her head slightly before gently taking hold of her bow.

"It's crooked....let me fix it." You said as you did just that.

After making sure Sakura was okay, you went down the line checking on the other girls as well. When you were satisfied you stepped back again and took a look at them all.

"Thank you Y/n! We won't let you down!" All of them said as they bowed together to show their appreciation.

For a few moments your expression remained unchanged, but slowly it started to tug at the corners of your mouth a little.

The smallest of smiles formed on your face, but your eyes still remained just as dull and lifeless as ever.

"A smile! Though it's very small....its still a smile!" Sakura beamed.

"I'm glad to call this guy my friend! Hope to see him smile more often!" Saki thought.

"He's done so much to help us prepare, right down to the last minute." Ai thought.

"Despite being small...he has a nice smile." Junko thought.

"How refreshing it is to see him attempt to smile." Yugiri thought.

"Awww!! He's trying to smile!!! At last!!" Lily thought.

"This performance won't just be for Franchouchou's fame....." All of them thought.

".....this performance is for him!"

"Are you girls ready?" Kotaro asked as he stepped in behind you.

"This is your first show on a major stage." He said as he walked around you and up to them.

"You girls are going to be on your own out there. All me and Y/n can do is watch." He said as he stood in front of them.

"Let me get one more good look at my girls before you go." Kotaro said before giving them a reassuring nod.

Sakura smiled widely at him before promptly being sprayed in the face.

"EAT THIS!!!!!" Kotaro yelled as he went down the line holding a spray can in his hands, covering each of the girls in whatever the spray was meant to be.

"THIS WATERPROOF SPRAY MADE JUST FOR ZOMBIES!!!! I DON'T WANT YOUR MAKEUP WASHING OFF IF IT RAINS!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!" He started laughing like a maniac as he continued spraying all of them.

"THERE'S PLENTY MORE SO BE SURE TO USE IT UP!!!" He kept on going as Saki walked over to the stash of spray and picked it up.

"Hey! This is for shoes!!!" She exclaimed, unimpressed.