Chapter 21: Preparing For A Special Show

You woke up later than usual and found yourself alone in the room. All the girls had already woken up and gone down to start practising, while you were catching up on lost hours of sleep.

It was another nightmare that kept you up that night and it was a bad one. You kept on waking up, unable to get to sleep and it really began to frustrate you. Though you kept it down as much as you could, not wanting to disturb anyone.

Eventually though, you got to sleep and now you were awake and ready to start your day. Heading into the bathroom, you took a look at yourself in the mirror and stared at your reflection with the same cold, dead stare.

"Everyone is getting along so well now...there are major improvements from when they first started to perform together." You thought.

"And as for me? Well I'm surprised that I've stuck around to be honest. I just...feel alive again when I'm with them. Like the light that went out is slowly starting to flicker on again..." You thought as you brushed your teeth.

"It's all thanks to them..." You finished up in the bathroom and quickly got yourself dressed before heading down to the practice room to see how the girls were getting on.

Just as you entered the room, they seemed to finish their routine as they were all stood still and the music stopped playing.

"Sweet we did it!!" Ai said.

"That was killer! I can already see ya taking over!!" Saki said.

"Let's not get too carried away!" Ai said.

"I mean I'm just saying!!" Saki replied.

Sakura smiled as the girls all talked to each other, while you walked in and sat on the floor up against the wall just to chill out.

"Saki seems a lot happier now that one of her old friends is a fan of ours now!!" Sakura thought.

"And Lily's been bursting with energy since her dad has been coming to see out performances." Sakura thought as she turned to look at Ai and Junko.

"Ai and Junko have been a lot more relaxed since everything that happened at the Saga Rock festival in the summer." She thought as she turned to look at herself in the mirror.

"And me...I still don't have my memories back. I wonder what happened in my life before I died..." She wondered as she glanced at your reflection in the mirror.

"Then there's Y/n...I've noticed how much more comfortable he's gotten around us. But then again...he still hides so much. No matter how much we try and connect the dots of his life, we can't unless we know more." She thought as she fully turned to face you.

At this point, you noticed her looking at you and waved a little.

"But nevertheless...I'm glad to have made a friend like him." She smiled.

She walked over and sat down next to you.

"Hey Y/n! How are you this morning? We noticed that you were fast asleep when we woke up, so we didn't disturb you. Did...you sleep okay?" She asked.

You shook your head which made her frown.

"Took me ages to get to sleep...nothing new there." You grumbled as Sakura put a hand on your shoulder.

"Is...there anything I can do to help?" She asked as you shook your head again.

"There's no need to worry about me. I can handle myself." You said as you looked at her with a small smile.

"But I do worry about you...please don't push me away." Sakura replied as she shuffled closer to you and gently hugged your arm.

The small smile on your face dropped as you looked at the ground.