Chapter 20: One Last Dance

When you got home, Kotaro was understandably very pissed off that Saki had taken such a risk to do what she did.

"WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOUUUUU?!??" He exclaimed at her so loud that it made the whole house feel like it was shaking.

You could hear him from the floor below as you sat on your bed mat trying to relax and meditate.

"Yeah...saw this coming." You thought as you tried to get back to what you were doing.

"HAVE WE NOT MADE IT ABUNDANTLY CLEAR THAT COMMUNICATION WITH THE LIVING SHOULD BE FOR IDOL BUSINESS AND IDOL BUSINESS ALONE?!?!??" Kotaro kept on yelling.

"Yeah I remember..." Saki responded, seemingly uninterested in what he was saying.

"Hmmm...you don't get it do you?" Kotaro said in a quieter voice now.

"Hm?" Saki turned her head to face him now.

"You can't get near violence. It's a taboo for idols. Just one of you slips up, and it could ruin everything." He said to her.

"Don't forget that!" He continued.

Saki sighed and slowly nodded her head before leaving the room. She made her way back downstairs and entered the room where everyone was sleeping.

The girls all looked at her as she entered and walked past them.

"What did he say that we couldn't hear from down here?" Ai asked her.

"Nothing new. Just the same old stuff he always says." Saki said, shrugging off the question and heading for the door to the balcony.

When you heard it close, you opened one of your eyes before taking a deep breath and opening the other.

Slowly, you stood up and made you way over to the door.

"W-wouldn't it be best to give her some time Y/n?" Junko asked as you turned to look at her.

"She said she would talk to me when we got home. If she isn't ready, then I'll wait." You said before opening the door and stepping outside.

The closing of the door alerted Saki to your presence.

"Hey buddy. Come and join me, I could do with the company." She said, gesturing for you to stand next to her.

You nodded your head and stood next to her. It was silent between the two of you for a while before you broke it.

"So...Dorami means a lot to you then?" You asked.

"It does...when I was alive, that was my biker gang." She said.

"I know...Kotaro mentioned it before you awoke and were just a standard zombie." You said.

"He did? Guess that cut out a lot of confusion for you, huh?" She asked as you nodded your head.

"When you talked about your gang in the past, you always talked with such excitement and admiration. This idol life must be quite different." You said.

"It certainly is. One minute you're taking over Kiyushu with a gang of hardened gals on bikes, and the next you're tryna do the same with a rag tag group of zombie girls." She replied with a slight chuckle.

"With a mysterious boy by our side." She said.

"But it's one of my greatest experiences! The people I've met...the things we've done! I'm real glad that I managed to get a second shot at life." She continued before going quiet again.

"...but I still wonder how my old biker gals are getting on. Especially my number one gal...my biker buddy...my best friend Reiko." Saki finally said after going quiet again.