Chapter 14: Listening To Both Sides

Ai leaned over the edge of the balcony and stared off into the distance. It had a nice view of the sea from where she was, so it was a pleasant way for her to calm herself down from her confrontation with Junko.

Her mind went back to when she was alone on the computer, searching herself and her old idol group. It made her more determined than ever to pick up from where she left off and continue going down the path to be an idol.

"I'm not gonna be history yet." She said as she clenched her fists.

There then came a knock at the window. When Ai turned around, she saw you, Saki, Lily and Yugiri all stood on the other side.

She nodded her head, signalling for you all to join her.

"Come on Ai! Can't you two just bury the hatchet already? Just shake hands and admit you were both wrong!" Saki said.

"Yeah! That's a good idea!" Lily chimed in.

"I'm sorry guys....but I don't think I should go back on anything that I said." Ai said.

"Just because each side has a valid point, doesn't mean it can't be resolved." Yugiri said.

"I thought the rest of you were serious about becoming idols." Ai responded.

"We just want you and Junko to stay friends!" Lily said as she clasped her hands together.

"But we're not friends! We work together! You were in show business Lily! You should know this!" Ai said.

However that was not the right thing for Ai to say as it made Lily start crying. You placed a hand on the back of her head, before the crying girl turned around and buried her face in your shirt.

You put your hand on her back and rubbed it gently to try and help her calm down.

"You didn't need to make her cry!!" Saki barked at Ai.

"Ai...." You said, causing her to look at you.

"I....may not be an idol.....or part of the group....but you have to stick together. Being friends makes things easier.....for everyone." You said.

"....I know you're trying to help....but as you said, you're not an idol. There is more to being in an idol group than just being friends. Maybe if you do ever become an idol one day, you'll understand that." Ai said as she walked past you all and went back inside.

"Hey! No need to be rude! He was trying to help!" Saki said, annoyed.

"It's fine Saki.....she needs space." You said before patting Lily on the back.

"Let's go back inside too. I'm going to look for Junko....just to give Ai that space." You said as you gently pushed Lily back into the house, while you were being followed by Yugiri and Saki.

As the three of you came back into the house, Ai made sure that she was away from everyone so she had a little bit of space for a while. The best way to do that in her mind, was to leave the mansion entirely and head towards the town.

While she was walking, her mind quickly went back to you and the brief conversation the two of you just had. Namely, the way she responded to you before she left. Only now when she thought deeply about it, did she realise how harsh she came off as.

"I...came across so coldly. Practically saying that he isn't one of us...no one ever wants to hear something like that." She thought as she sighed deeply and kept on walking.

~

A little later on, Junko was strolling on the beach wearing a large sun hat. The sky was starting to turn orange as the sun began to set below the horizon.