Chapter 31: The Long Road To Recovery

Things were going to be hard. You knew that and so did the girls and Kotaro. But they had all already promised that they would not abandon you and that they would help you through it.

It was enough for you to immediately latch onto them as much as you could. For the first time in such a long time, you could love a group of people freely without worrying about whether or not they were going to die.

And it meant that you were EXTREMELY clingy. Not that the girls minded at all though, they lapped all of it up and enjoyed nothing more than being with you.

"Hey sweetie, I'm feeling pretty worn out. You wanna cuddle with me?" Sakura asked when she found you sat on the couch.

You were holding your broken phone before too placed it to the side when Sakura walked in. You nodded your head when she asked her question, which made her smile.

She quickly walked over and sat herself down on the sofa next to you. Without a moment hesitation, you put your arms around her and laid your head on her chest.

It made her smile and her heart swell as she gently pet your head.

"Being able to hold you this close makes me so happy..." Sakura said as she kissed your head and leaned back a little.

You smiled widely and blushed as you gently nuzzled her.

"I hope I don't bother you too much..." You said as you hugged her back and looked up at her.

"You don't bother me at all! Ask the others the same question and you'll get the same answer! If anything, it would bother me more if you weren't like this! I'd worry that something was really wrong." Sakura said.

"I'll tell you if anything is wrong from now on...I promise. No more bottling things up...I thought it would work...but really it makes you feel worse..." You said as Sakura hummed in agreement.

There was a few moments of silence as the two of you just enjoyed each others company before Sakura looked down at you, your eyes meeting.

"I'm just glad that you've got your memories back! It was...hard when you couldn't remember who I was. I felt really heartbroken..." You said.

"I-I'm really sorry about that...I've been thinking about when I lost my memories of being a zombie...I let my negativity take over me and I sulked, thinking that I was the only one with bad luck. Not for one second did I consider the rest of Franchouchou...or you. Especially you seeming as you have worse luck than all of us zombies combined..." She said as she gently cupped your cheek.

"I-I am so sorry Y/n...I-I was so insensitive! A-And when we met I tried so hard to get through to you and be your friend, only for you to try and steer clear of me because you were trying to save me! I-I was so ignorant...I-I'm really so-." She began to speak, but before she could fully finish you moved up and gently kissed her.

It was a relatively long one. One that you both eased into and enjoyed very much. When you pulled away, Sakura was as red as a tomato.

"Sakura...none of it was your fault. You didn't know anything about what I had been through and why I was acting the way I was. And I can understand why you locked yourself away...don't ever blame yourself for being in such a dark place...you have done nothing wrong..." You said as you stroked her cheek.

"I-If you say so...s-still, I'm sorry sweetie..." Sakura said as she leaned into your touch.

"I'll forgive you every time. Even if you're apologising for the rest of time...I will always forgive you..." You said before kissing her again.

"E-Eheh...you're so sweet..." Sakura giggled after you kissed her again.

No matter where you were during the day, one of the girls would be there to talk to you or just cuddle you which seemed to be happening a lot.