Chapter 19: The Dorami Biker Gang

With Franchouchou becoming more and more well known with each performance, Kotaro tried thinking of new ways to promote the group to a broader audience.

Which is why you found yourself with the girls in a public park, with a group of elderly people talking on the benches just across from you.

The only downside to it was that they had to all talk pretty loud, so that they were able to hear each other.

"Huh? What was that?" One of them asked as he cupped his ear with his hand.

"For the last time, those young girls wanna join us for the kashima dance!! Clean your ears out pal!!!" Another one yelled right into his ear.

"Okay...so how's this gonna help Franchouchou get more popular?" Saki asked as she watched on in disbelief.

"Uhhh...somehow. Kotaro didn't go into much detail about it." Sakura said.

Earlier in the day, Kotaro had gathered you all in the meeting room to brief you all on what you would be doing that day.

"As you can see from this very informative chart, the elderly make up a large portion of Saga's population." Kotaro said as he used a pointer to show you a pie chart that was on the blackboard.

Of course, that was courtesy of your drawing skills which Kotaro relied on you to do.

"So if you want to take the prefecture by storm, then you're gonna have to work hard to win the hearts of these oldie goldies by any means necessary!!!" He said before producing a board from behind the desk which had 'Kashima Dance' written on it.

"TIME FOR YOU TO LEARN....KASHIMA DAAAAANCEEEEE!!!!" He exclaimed as he leaned over the desk.

Which brought you back to now, in the public park. You were unsure if he meant you had to do this too, but you just stuck around anyway because you preferred it that way.

So too did the girls of course.

"I could be wrong, but I don't think there's ever been an idol group that had a significant senior citizen following." Junko said.

"Yeah I...definitely never head of anything like that." Ai agreed.

"Alright I guess we'd better get things started!" One of the elderly men wearing a blue tank top said as he slowly raised himself to his feet.

He put his hand up in the air as his eyes pinged open.

"Muuuuusiiicccc!! Come on!!!" He yelled as loud as he could, which was nowhere near the volume Kotaro always managed to reach.

Another elderly person pressed the play button on a music player, which started to play a song that seemed to spark the group of elderly people into action.

They all stood up and started to dance while signing some kind of song? Chant? You weren't entirely sure.

"Wow look at that!!!" Lily said in amazement.

"Damn they're sharper than I thought!!" Saki said.

"That's the dance! Now get on in here!!" A bald elderly man gestured for the girls to join in.

"Wait we're supposed to have it down?!" Sakura exclaimed.

"Think we can keep up with them?" Junko asked.

"There's only one way to find out!" Ai said, walking over to join them.

You watched from afar as the girls danced with the group of elderly people, keeping yourself out of sight from anyone that might be there.

As you watched you noticed that a little way from where you were stood, was someone else who was quietly observing the group of dancing people from afar.