Chapter 29: The Recent Past

All the emotions were pouring out as the girls came to terms with what they had seen from your memories.

The grief that they shared for you and everything that you had lost. The sadness that they felt for you, seeing how lonely and frustrated you were. And anger at themselves for not trying harder to find all this out before.

"I-I can't believe...h-he had to go through all that...n-no wonder he always went around with such a dead look in his eyes...he was suppressing so much..." Sakura said as she dried her tears.

"I-I know it would've been wrong to push him to tell us all this...b-but I feel like we should've sat down with him and let him vent to us..." Ai picked up where Sakura left off.

"He would not have opened up no matter how much we would've tried to get him to do so. This was probably the only way...unfortunately." Yugiri said, trying her best to comfort Lily after bringing herself back under control.

"Well no matter what kinda shit we've seen and that he's been through...we can't dwell on the past now!! W-we gotta keep goin' and find him right?" Saki asked, trying her hardest to be brave but still had tears running down her face too.

"Y-you're right...we must keep going." Junko said.

The girls still took some time to compose themselves before thinking of moving on. When they did get around to it, they looked forward and saw another light in the distance.

Like before, they walked towards the light. Yugiri had to carry Lily as she was still very upset and at the moment was finding it hard to calm herself down. Not that Yugiri minded at all.

When they got close enough to the light, the landscape started to change around them again.

"I wasn't alone for as long as I thought I would be. From what I saw on the outside, the mansion was completely abandoned. But a few days later, I heard noises. I didn't take any chances and decided it was best for me to leave and move on..." You voice echoed around the girls as they found themselves outside the front door of the mansion with rain lashing down onto the ground around them.

"Ohmygosh!I'msosorry!Areyouhurt?!"

Sakura jumped when she heard her voice. There she was on the ground after colliding with at, sending you both down to the floor.

"Th-this...this is the night I met him..." Sakura said.

"That's when I met Sakura Minamoto...I didn't even realise she was a zombie at first. I thought it was just some really good Halloween makeup. It was only when Kotaro mentioned that she was a zombie, I realised. It didn't change much though. I was never scared of her. She was kind, gentle and patient with me..." You said as the surroundings changed to the inside of the van when you were doing Sakura's makeup.

As she watched the memory replay, Sakura smiled with a blush on her face as she watched you gently grab her chin and apply her makeup.

"She always noticed when I was upset...and had the softest of touches..." You said.

There were more tears forming in Sakura's eyes as she watched her past self reach out and gently place her hand on your cheek.

"I wanted nothing more than for this moment to last forever...it made me feel warm...but I just couldn't..." You said as your past self slowly removed Sakura's hand from your cheek.

Not long after, they watched as you looked to the side and were shocked to see your mother knelt down next to you.

She was encouraging you, just like they had seen before. A moment later after you blinked, she was gone which made you tear up.