Chapter 26: The Arpino Show

It had been snowing overnight, and it wasn't just a little bit of snow either. There was a good couple of inches of snow covering the ground as you gazed out the window in the morning.

"Wow...it's never snowed this bad from my memory. Kinda crazy." You thought.

You had stayed up the whole night as you couldn't sleep at all, so you had seen most of the snow fall. You didn't realise that this much would fall, nor that it was a storm that had been forecast.

The whole situation with Sakura had really preoccupied your mind for the last few days.

"Today is the big day...I just hope that this snow doesn't ruin everything for them." You thought.

"Tonight is the night of the living dead that we've all been waiting for Franchouchou!! Let's show those five hundred people or however many show up that zombies never die!!!" Kotaro made his rallying speech in the practice room that morning.

It continued snowing as you all piled in the van and made your way to Arpino. The snow made it challenging, but you still managed to make it.

At the moment the place was bare of any people, barring the crew that was setting up the stage and making sure everything was in place ready for the performance.

Sakura gazed out of the window at the falling snow, hoping that it wouldn't ruin the show.

"We've put in the time. All we can do now is give it our best shot. So let's just focus on that. We did great in practice!!" Ai said to Sakura, noticing that she seemed a little distant.

"Yeah I guess so..." Sakura said, trying to remain positive.

Meanwhile, you were sat backstage feeling zapped of energy. Not sleeping the night before was really catching up to you. But you didn't want to fall asleep now as you were wanting to see the girls go on stage.

"You should rest." You heard Kotaro say from the doorway as you slowly turn to look at him.

"I can't...I wanna see them go on stage." You said.

"That's not until this evening. There is time until then so you can sleep. And besides, they wouldn't mind if you got some rest. In fact, I think they would encourage you to do so." He said as you sighed and let your head drop.

"I wish I wasn't plagued by this problem...I-I wish I wasn't plagued by so many problems...no matter who I'm with or where I am...they just follow me..." You said as your eye lids started to become heavy and drooped more and more.

"You haven't been very open with anyone over the time you've been with us. After the whole today, I'd like to hear what you have to say. I won't force you, but just know that I would like to." Kotaro said as he walked over and gently pat you on the shoulder.

"Now...for goodness sake go and rest! I can't have you looking like this!! Go go go now!!!" He demanded as you sighed and stood up from where you were sitting.

You shuffled over to a couch that was just across the room, and proceeded to fall onto it. Not long afterwards, you were asleep.

When night fell, a crowd started to gather outside of the performance hall. Sakura pulled the curtains back a little and looked out of the window to take a look at them.

The number of people that turned up shocked her a little bit.

"All your fans are waiting." Kotaro said from behind her as she turned around to face him.

"I believe in you!" He said to her as she looked at him with a determined look.

"Circle up guys!!" Ai said.