Chapter 28: The Journey Through A Cursed Past

TW: There are multiple mentions of attempted suicide in this chapter, along with details of deaths.

If anyone is in a dark place, then please talk to someone. You are never alone and you are worth it!

~

The girls all slowly opened their eyes as they regained consciousness with a throbbing pain in the backs of their heads.

"Ouch...w-what...happened?" Sakura groaned as she blinked and rubbed the back of her head.

"Damn...must've gotten hit in the head..." Saki said as she rubbed the back of her head.

"W-where are we?!" Lily said as she looked around.

Only now did the rest of the girls look around. There was nothing around them other than a black void, which was confusing at first but they eventually clocked what was going on.

"We must be in Y/n's mind now! That's gotta be it. I can only assume...that we were knocked unconscious." Ai said.

"Damnit shades!!! Coulda told us before hitting us in the back of the head!!! I'm gonna kick his ass when we get outta this!!!" Saki exclaimed.

"You'll have to put your violent nature to one side for now Lady Saki. For I believe we have quite a journey to take now." Yugiri said as she pointed into the distance.

The girls all looked to where she was pointing, and saw a light in the distance.

"With no other place to go, I say we head towards the light. It's a good place to start." Yugiri said.

Cautiously, the girls made their way through the dark and towards the light. The closer they got, the brighter it shone and shapes started to appear.

At first the shapes were unrecognisable, but soon enough they became clearer. Then, they were able to hear voices.

"Y/n honey!! Are you ready? I have all of the makeup equipment here!!" A female voice called out as the surroundings around the girls morphed into a room that was furnished with a couch, a few cabinets and a TV on the wall.

In the middle of the room, there was a woman sat on her knees with two mannequins and a set of makeup equipment in front of her.

"Where are we? Did the whole place just transform into this room?" Saki asked as she looked around.

"I guess...this is one of Y/n's memories. It would make sense." Sakura said.

There was a set of hurried footsteps, followed by a younger you appearing from around the corner.

"I'm here!! Sorry mom." You said as you sat down beside her.

"That's alright dear. After all, we have all the time in the world!!" Your mother said as she smiled and gently put her hand on your head.

"I guess...this is where Y/n gets his makeup skills from. His mother taught him when he was much younger." Ai said as she smiled at the scene.

"Look at his eyes...so full of life. Cute..." Junko said as she blushed a little.

The girls all found themselves smiling as they watched this memory. Seeing how you were taught how to do makeup, and the mishaps you faced along the way.

"Looks like he was really close to his mom, huh?" Sakura said.

The girls all hummed in agreement as they watched you groan. You had messed up slightly with the makeup and had gotten frustrated.

But your mom was patient and put a hand on your shoulder.

"Don't worry if you mess up sweetie! It's only a mannequin! We can easily wash it off!" Your mother said with a smile.