Chapter 32: A Drastic Change In Fortunes

A part of you had hoped that the next month or so would be relaxing and time for you to just settle into your new lifestyle. Gone now were the days of self isolation and pity, as you had a lovely group of girls that kept checking in on you and making sure you knew that you were loved endlessly.

In a way, you did sort of get your wish. Though Kotaro was eager to get the girls back on stage again after their success at Arpino. Not that you minded at all since you loved watching the girls practice and they loved you being there.

The main aim of the producer was to get the risks performing in front of a much bigger crowd than 500 people. His goal was to get them to fill the Ekimae Real Estate Stadium, or EFS for short.

It held 25,000 people in the stands, with the field space providing additional room for an extra 5,000 people. When he announced this, everyone was really taken by surprise as it was such a big step up in a short amount of time.

You did try and bring that up to him, but he disregarded your worries and told you that everything would go fine.

This of course was something you doubted, but pushed to the back of your mind as you wanted to encourage your girls as much as you could. The performance went ahead and to cut a long story short...

It flopped majorly.

The show sold nowhere near enough tickets go cover the cost of renting the stadium for the performance. Out of a potential 30,000 people, only 500 turned up which was an extremely poor ratio.

"They put so much effort into practicing for this...and still only 500 people showed up? Why didn't more people come? I thought they were becoming more popular..."

These were the thoughts that coursed through your mind as you watched a very disappointed Franchouchou do their best to smile and put on a good performance. But no matter how wide their smiles were, they didn't make what came next very easy.

The flopped show had put you in debt, and it wasn't small either.

"20 million yen in debt? Ouch...that is not good at all." You thought as you smiled and slowly dragged your hands down your face.

"What was he thinking? There's no way he thought that this would work..." You thought about Kotaro, whom you were becoming more and more concerned about as time passed after the failed show.

A lot of things had to change in everyone's lives because of this debt. Since there was no money coming in from the idol stuff because of this show, the girls had to go out and find themselves part time jobs.

In comparison, they were earning nowhere near as much of course but they were all working hard so they could pay off this debt. You did volunteer to do the same, but there was too much of a risk.

Despite there being some relief from your torment in the form of Franchouchou, you were still cursed and it could affect anyone you met out in the world. Of course this did frustrate you a little as you wanted to contribute, however you were still able to find plenty to do at home while the girls worked.

The major thing was keeping a close eye on Kotaro, who had really gone on a downward spiral since the show at EFS. He spent most of his time going around some of the local bars and restaurants, drinking and eating lots of food.

"I don't know what to do with him Romero...he's drinking so much nowadays that I sometimes find him passed out somewhere in the street. I bring him home but by the time I'm awake in the morning...he's gone again. Not that it's hard to find him again though..." You rambled on as you sat out in the small play area that was opposite the mansion.