Chapter 23: Something Gained and Something Lost

It was raining heavily again that night. Sakura had been asleep the whole day since the accident in the morning. Everyone had been worried sick about her, the girls even cancelling their practice because of it.

After all, they couldn't continue on now without her. You made sure you kept a close eye on Sakura the whole day while she was unconscious.

You could feel that something bubbling up inside of you. It was becoming harder and harder to suppress, the longer that you sat there and watched over Sakura.

"Don't you dare do this to me...not again." You thought as you buried your face in your legs.

However when nightfall came, you had to leave the room because you had gotten tired. The emotional strain you had been through had really taken its toll.

When you entered the room where everyone slept, all of the girls turned to you. Their eyes filled with worry as they watched you slowly close the door.

"She still not awake, huh?" Saki asked as you shook your head.

"She'll wake up soon. I mean she's a zombie so she can't be dead. And we checked that anyway." Ai said as you laid down on your bed mat and pulled the blanket over your body.

The girls all looked at each other before Yugiri made her way over to you, dragging her bed mat, blanket and pillow before setting it down next to yours.

"Do you mind, my lord?" She asked and watched as you shook your head.

"I just thought you could do with the company." She said as she reached out and gently pushed some hair out of your face.

"I know how traumatic it must have been for you. After all, you were at the scene of the incident and we found you holding Lady Sakura in your arms" Yugiri said as you just blinked.

"He has gone back to limited words in response...this is not good." Yugiri thought as she caressed your face gently.

"Sleep now. I shan't bother you with any more questions or words now. Rest and I'm sure Lady Sakura will be awake by morning." Yugiri said.

Which brought you back to now.

As you listened to the rain falling outside, you slowly sat up and looked down at Yugiri who was still asleep beside you.

You then looked across at Sakura's bed mat, finding that it was still empty.

"I hope she does wake up soon...she seemed really confused after she got hit by that truck." You thought.

A little while passed before you heard some thumping followed by screaming, which made your head turn quickly in the direction of the door.

Moments later, it opened and someone stumbled in before closing it behind them. It didn't take you long to figure out who it was.

"Sakura!" You said as her head turned in your direction.

"Wh-who's there?!" Sakura exclaimed as she stepped over towards you.

Unfortunately, she stepped on Lily causing the poor girl to cry with pain as she woke up. Sakura panicked and stumbled over, landing on Saki which woke her up as well.

"What the hell?!" The blonde zombie went, her eyes glowing red in the dark.

Slowly but surely, all the other zombies girls woke up too. You could hear Sakura's distress and could see her backing up across the ground just as Ai turned the light on in the room.

By the time she did that, Sakura was cowering in the corner of the room.

"Sakura?" Saki said.

"It looks like you've finally woken up!" Lily said with a big smile on her face.