Chapter 2: The "Grand" Plan

"Sooo....what am I doing here again? Can you run me through it again please?" The red haired girl asked.

The man with the shades was stood near the door with a dog in his arms, which he stroked every so often.

"Your name is Sakura Minamoto. You died ten years ago after being hit by a truck. Now you have returned to life as a zombie." He said while walking up to her.

"Sakura...Minamoto...y-yeah...that rings a bell..." She said while rubbing her head.

"...s-so...I'm....I'm a zombie?" Sakura was still in some disbelief as she looked down at herself.

"Your vital mission is to assume your new identity as 'Zombie One' and work with the rest of your team to save the Saga Prefecture!" The man continued.

"Uhm sir....I'm sorry but I don't know what you're talking about." Sakura said, feeling extremely confused.

The man gently grabbed her chin and pulled her a little closer.

"You'll understand soon after. Just listen, as long as you follow my instructions exactly you'll probably be fine." He said.

"He's....totally weird! Why does he have squid in his pocket?!" She wondered to herself.

"My name is Kotaro Tatsumi! And I am the man who's going to turn you into a pop idol!!!" He exclaimed before letting go of her chin and standing back.

"....a pop idol?" Sakura asked.

"Exactly! With my guidance, you shall become one of the best idols Saga has ever seen!!! No not just Saga, the whole world!!!!" Kotaro yelled loudly.

You were in the room as well, just sat quietly in the corner hoping that the attention wouldn't be shifted to you.

When Kotaro yelled, you covered your ears due to the volume.

"So loud...." You thought to yourself.

"Now that's been addressed....there's one more thing I have to check..." He said as he made his way over to you.

Sakura watched as he did so, gasping a little when she saw how far away you were and that you had your ears covered.

"Hellooo?? Are you there???" Kotaro poked you trying to get your attention.

You did try to ignore it, but you eventually gave in and uncovered your ears before looking up at him.

"There we go!! Now first things first, you're still alive aren't you?" He asked as he moved his head closer to try and listen to your heart, but you quickly moved yourself away.

"Y-yes." You simply responded.

"Okay! Next order of business!!! How would you like to be an idol as well!!!??? You could join these girls and conquer the world!!!!" He exclaimed with joy and hope as you flinched and backed further away from him.

".....n-no." You said which brought him out of his joyous state.

"Huuuuuhhh?!" His jaw and arms dropped dramatically.

"How could you pass up such a perfect opportunity?!! I will make you famous!!!!" He yelled as you covered your ears and shook your head again.

"....no." You repeated as you shuffled over to the far end of the room and huddled on the chair in the corner.

"L-Leave me alone...." You said and buried your face in your legs.

Kotaro stood over you for a good while, before backing off with a huff as he walked over to the door.