Chapter 22: A Valuable Lesson

~~10 DAYS TILL ARPINO SHOW~~

"We've been stuck up here for a few days now, and none of us have been eaten yet. So I'd say we're killing it!" Saki said as the group gathered around the fire.

Tae and Romero were sat underneath a snow sculpture of Romero that had been made when everyone got a little bored.

"But still...we've got one thing left that needs to be done. Something that's really important!" Saki said.

"I'm so glad!!! Thank you!! I thought you guys had forgotten it!!" Sakura said, sounding relieved.

"No way!" Saki responded.

"We need meat!" She continued.

"Huh?" Sakura's disappointment came rushing back again.

"And I'm not just talking fish either...we gotta have something worth catching!!" Saki said.

Your stomach started rumbling at that moment, which brought everyone's attention to you. Slowly, you looked down at your stomach and back up at everyone.

"...sorry..." You apologised.

"D-Don't apologise! After all...you've been letting us eat extra food, despite the fact that you're the only one of us that's still alive!" Junko said.

"Yeah...it's starting to get slightly concerning, my lord. We need to get you some proper food, and actually make sure you eat it." Yugiri chimed in.

"I've been trying my best, but that baby boar is just so skittish!!" Ai said.

"Don't beat yourself up about it! We're new to this. None of us really know how to mess with wild game!!" Saki said.

As everyone started walking off to try and catch something to eat, Sakura stayed on her knees as she watched on in disbelief.

You gently placed a hand on her shoulder which got her to look at you.

"Come on. They will need your help." You said.

"B-But...we need to practice..." Sakura replied.

You crouched down in front of her and gently cupped her face with your hand, causing her to blush.

"You're a group Sakura...you can't just practice on your own...you need to do it together." You said.

"I-I know but...no one seems to be taking it seriously...this is our big show and we have ti be prepared for it." Sakura said.

"Of course you do...but like Junko said, you need to calm yourself. That way it will be easier for you to focus." You said before giving her cheek a gentle pat before removing your hand and standing up.

"Come on. They will need your help." You said, offering your hand to help her up.

She looked at you hand for a moment before nodding her head and taking hold of it with her own, allowing you to pull her off the ground.

Even after you had pulled her up to her feet, she still held onto your hand as the two of you caught up with everyone else.

But the time you had caught up, the rest of the girls were already going about to make the trap. After a little while, they had completed it and covered it so that it was invisible to any creatures that would be walking through the area.

"There. The traps hidden." Junko said after piling snow on top of it.

"Good! He'll come by and minute now!!" Saki exclaimed.

"A-Are you sure this is a good idea?" Sakura asked as everyone began to spread out.

Suddenly, Ai perked up and looked around the area.