thirty three

Kilyier "Killa" Ramos

...

  I laid in my bed with my girl on me, my girl, that shit didn't even sound real. But it was... Princess Sylas Jones was finally mine and no nigga could ever take her from me.

I tightened my arm around her waist so she was closer to me. "You think I should get back into basketball?"

I didn't know if that man at the park was a scammer or something but his words never left my mind, I still had his card.

Princess instantly turned around at my question, smiling a little to happily for me.

"You forreal?"

"Nah i'm forfake."

"Shut up. I really think you should though, you were the happiest on the court but if you're not ready i'm not forcing you." She assured.

"Aight, long as you gone be in a mini skirt cheering me on." I teased. "Gimme a R- gimmie a A gimmie a M—

"I hate you bro." Princess pushed my head back while laughing.

I moved my head back to her and kissed her big lips softly. "I love you too."

...

I dropped Princess off the following morning and drove around a little, somehow I found myself outside of the address that was on the old man's card.

It was a spot that had "Calvin's Training" on the outside in all red paint, maybe this was legit after all. I wasn't about to go in.

Until the excitement on Princess's face appeared in my head... if I was gonna do this for anyone it would be her.

I hopped out of my car and walked to the front door, opening it after a second of hesitation.

There was about eleven other guys practicing in there, it took them a second to notice I was in there.

"Can I help you?" The dark skinned buff one holding the ball asked, stepping up like he was on something.

"Where yo coach?" I looked down at his short ass.

"Oh, fresh meat tryna join." He chuckled. "You got the height... but do you got the game?"

When he threw the ball at my chest hardly I lost my temper. "How bout you find out pendejo—

"Aye, aye, aye! You really stepping foot in my shit with a gun?" The old man from the park appeared from the back room.