thirty six

Kilyier "Killa" Ramos

...

"You went ghost for a little minute, just so you know if you wanna be in my team you gotta be consistent, son." Calvin lectured as soon as I got in the building.

I nodded my head nonchalantly, removing the hoodie from my head and shaking my matted hair.

He was staring at me for too long for comfort. "Nigga is you high?"

I didn't respond, looking down at the floor so he could get the hint that I didn't wanna he spoken to but this nigga must've been blind.

"Follow me."

We ended up at his office that had a bunch of trophies in it. He must've been a big deal back in the day.

"The other day you came in here, not at first, but you were confident, alive and energized. Now you're dull and look dead inside. The fuck happened that fast?" He asked me.

"Nothing." I rubbed my face.

"Nothing my ass. You better tell me boy before I send your high ass up outta my building." He threatened.

I tilted my head back and sighed, why was he so noisy. "I let my girl down."

"This is over a girl? She better be a goddess in the bed the way you—" Calvin shutted up after seeing my expression. "I'm fucking with you."

"Word of advice. It might be hard but let all your problems slip away on the court. Winning should be the only thing on your mind." He advised.

I nodded my head... actually letting his advise sink into my head.

...