thirty seven

Princess "Sy" Jones

Princess "Sy" Jones

...

I got led into Kaitlyn's house by her grandmother who was sizing me the whole time, I just walked into her room sitting on the bean bag.

Mari was playing the game on the TV, not even bothering to say hi, neither was Kaitlyn who was making a collage of Destini.

I was just there. Awkwardly staring. "Okay did I miss something? Are you guys mad at me?"

"Nah, it's nothing." Mari shook his head.

"No it's not nothing Kamari." Kaitlyn sighed stressfully. "Sy, Destini is dead."

"I know... i'm sorry. We were close anymore but it does suck." I sympathized but that didn't seem to be enough for her.

"Suck? It more than sucks Sy. It's fucking sad, depressing, she was your best friend. It's like as soon as Kilyier came around you abandoned her... all of us!" She snapped.

I flickered my burning eyes down to the ground— it was true. I abandoned my friends but if not for anything for love.

That didn't make it okay though. I should've been a better friend.

"I'm really sorry." I apologized.

"It's okay. We don't blame you. We blame Kilyier. We can't be friends with you until you cut him off, he's a thug, and I think he killed Des—

"Fuck that, i'm not cutting shit off! If you don't Kilyier than you don't like me." I sat up angrily.

Kaitlyn rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Destini was right. He's turnt you into some ratchet bitch."

All the secret animosity was blowing me, I simply nodded my head, accidentally knocking over the collage before leaving her house.

I was friend-less and nigga-less all in one day. Amazing.

The drive back to my house was fucking depression— tears of aggravation rolling down my face as I jammed to Olivia Rodrigo like a white girl.

I got my driver's license last week
Just like we always talked about
'Cause you were so excited for me
To finally drive up to your house
But today, I drove through the suburbs
Crying 'cause you weren't around