Chapter20

Chapter 20: Nick & Jaden VS. Xandread & Octomush

A small child with strict but loving teachers, days filled with praise and expectations. These were what Arjet dreamed of as she layed in bed.

The dreams slowly take a turn as her teachers begin to rot In Front of her. There forms twisting and morphing into the six monsters that took their lives.

Arjet tries to run but the creatures grab her, pulling her closer as each one's figure splits open to show the disfigured faces of the Morphin Masters.

"Oh  arjet, how we regret taking you in"

With a sharp pain in her chest, Arjet wakes up, Zolda standing Above her while she gasps for air.

"Wake up, shits going down"

"You knew they were going alone and didn't tell us earlier?"

The six are sitting outside the entrance of root core, Arjet whisper yelling as to not be heard by any passerbys.

"No, I didn't tell most of you. I told Kyle and dialect, cause they can keep their mouths shut"

Toxala and Arjet are insulated by this. Thruster was about to speak in disagreement, but a  deadpan look from Zolda causes him to consider what he says, "just because you're right, doesn't mean it doesn't hurt."

Zolda sighs, "look I would have told all of you, but those two give me a 'we'll be fine on our own' type of vibe, and don't think any of us could stop them from keeping us here if they wanted to"

Dialect takes Zolda's side saying "so we'll just follow them in secret"

A worried look fills Arjets features, "we can't scheme against veteran rangers"

"We can and already did" Zolda says as he walks off.

"Wait, Zolda" Arjet whispers just a bit louder, as Zolda keeps on walking, she is forced to get Infront of him and ask "is now a good time to get your sword"

Zolda stops, and thinks about it…

"Naw, if I can't save whoever I want with it, then it's useless"

On the back of fireheart two red rangers stand on the dragon's back.

Fireheart flaps its wings slowly, staying stationary in the air over a decayed part of the forest.

Both Jaden and Nick are unmorphed, the former wearing a belt of different spin disks. They both stand on the side of the now stationary beast, almost falling off.

Below them is the decayed area of the Forest, in the center in a single cave, a sick miasma flowing out.

"Like we planned" Nick asks as he leans off the dragon.

"All out, right from the start" Jaden answers as he does the same.

Both men fall off the dragon, morphing as they do.

Jaden places a black device on the guard of his sword. "SUPER SAMURAI MODE!!"

Nick falls slack,summoning a long staff with a lion head at the top. A dial surrounding its main. He takes a deep breath then yells "LEGENDARY SOURCE, MYSTIC FORCE!" while inputting the code 1-2-0 into the staff dial.

The two men fall from the sky in balls of fire, destroying more of the decayed area when they fall.

Both Rangers don't say a thing, they immediately run for the cave. Their feet should sink into the wet ground, but the mud around them dries with each step they take.

As they enter the cave, they are met by the sight of various creatures strung up on the walls, each one trapped by flesh colored vines that lead deeper into the cave.