The Introduction

You parked your car in front of the mansion before you took your phone, opening your messages with Natasha to check the address she sent you

You parked your car in front of the mansion before you took your phone, opening your messages with Natasha to check the address she sent you. You looked in the mirror, checking your makeup before you opened the door and left the car. You walked up the stairs and rang the bell. Natasha opened the door, a tall, blonde man by her side. "Y/N!" Natasha exclaimed, pulling you into a hug, her arms wrapping around you as she kissed your cheek.

"Hi, Nat." You laughed.

"You know Steve." She said when she parted from you, pointing at the man she introduced you to a few weeks ago, her fiancee.

"I do." You smiled at the blonde man.

"Please, come in, Y/N." He opened the door wider, letting you inside his home.

"Am I late?"

"Not at all, guests are still arriving."He replied as you walked deeper into the mansion.

It was the night of Steve and Natasha's engagement party, and you were Natasha's best friend. When she announced she was engaged and asked you to be her maid of honor, you couldn't say no. After all, you were best friends since high school.

"Your father is also already here."Natasha told you as you took a glass of champagne."And so is Amanda."

Your smile faltered at the mention of your stepmother.

"Let's go greet them. There's someone else I want you to meet."

You were escorted by Natasha towards the corner where your father was standing, talking to a man you didn't know.

"Mr. Y/L/N." Natasha greeted your father, who offered the redhead a soft smile.

"Nat, I already told you to call me by my name." He told her before his gaze fell on you. "Sweetheart, hi."

"Dad." You smiled at him, letting him hug you and kiss your cheek.

"I've been waiting for you." He told you, placing his hand on your back and gesturing with his free hand at the man he was talking to. "I wanted to introduce you to Tony Stark."

Only then, you allowed your gaze to scan over the man and you could feel your stomach tightening and your heart skipping a beat when you realized how he was looking at you. He was wearing a suit, the top buttons of his shirt undone, revealing tanned chest underneath. His hand was in his pocket, while the other was holding a glass filled with his drink. You looked up at him, your eyes meeting his chocolate colored ones. The whole time, he's not taking his eyes off you. As he takes a step forward, you're overwhelmed with the scent of his cologne. Somehow, his name sounded familiar to you, but you couldn't figure out why.

"It's my pleasure, Miss Y/N, I presume?" He asked, your name rolling off his tongue beautifully.

"Yes, this is my daughter." Your father answered for you.

"Tony is Steve's friend, and he will be his best man at the wedding." Natasha explained. "So, you two will see each other quite a lot."

Tony let out a laugh. "I can't wait."

You took a quick glance at your father, only to see him in his thoughts for a moment, looking at you, then at Tony before he smiled. Only then, you realized you were quiet and didn't say a word the entire time. But, before you could, you were approached by Amanda. "Y/N, I see you've just arrived and already drinking."

"Amanda." You turned towards her, a smile still present on your face."I've just arrived and you're already sticking your nose in my business."

Her false happy expression fell as you took a sip of your drink, but she quickly put a smile on again. It didn't last long, though. As soon as her gaze fell on the dark haired man in front of you, it completely disappeared.

"Amanda, my love." Your father turned towards the woman, wrapping an arm around her waist while Natasha and you shared knowing looks. "This is Tony Stark-"

"We met." She was quick to cut your father off. "Briefly. Years ago."

"You didn't tell me that."

You turned to look at Tony, who looked just as uncomfortable. In his mind, he was replaying the memory from years ago.

It was the night of another party for him. Tony had everything he wanted in life, he looked good, he had money and, most importantly for him, women threw themselves at him wherever he went. His gaze fell on a girl by the bar. By the looks of it, she was alone. He slid in the seat next to her, his drink in hand.

"You come here often?" He asked.

As soon as her gaze fell on him, he already won her over. He ended up taking her home. To him, her name didn't matter.

But now, he recognized the woman and he prayed the earth would open and swallow him whole. He couldn't look your father in the eye, knowing he slept with his wife. It was way before they were married, probably, but he still couldn't bring himself to look at your father. "Excuse me for a moment." Tony said, walking away from all of you.

You left your father and Amanda to discuss whatever they had. You and Natasha found a place for you two to discuss her upcoming wedding. You offered to help her as much as you could. The rest of the night went smoothly, until it was time to go home. You were about to enter your car when you heard your father calling your name again. "Fuck." You whispered out before turning around, your grin replacing the annoyed expression you had just a few seconds ago.

"Y/N!" He said, approaching you with Tony by his side. "I was just telling Tony about some of your work."

"Wonderful." You smiled. Your father was proud of your paintings. He had them framed everywhere around the house, and his office as well.

"I showed him some pictures of them I had in my phone." He said. "I was just offering him to take a look at the others."

"But, they're all in my apartment-"Your father cut you off, placing his hand on your shoulder.

"But, unfortunately, I am busy." Tony said.

"I invited him to join us tomorrow when we go golfing." He said.

That was when Amanda approached the three of you, her fake smile still on her face. "Are we going, honey? I am getting sleepy." She asked.

"Of course. I was just telling Y/N I invited Tony to join us tomorrow."

"Did you?" You noticed she glanced at Tony, sounding surprised. You looked between the two of them, deciding you had to see for yourself what was happening.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow then?"You told them. "I have to go now."

"Of course, sweetheart. Get some sleep. Don't work too much."