Part 8

You were sat on a bench in a park, sketching something on your paper. You looked up at the building you were trying to draw when, out of the corner of your eye, you noticed a white, fluffy dog running towards you. You smiled when it stopped next to you and left the paper and pen aside, bending over to pet him.

"Hi there, love. Aren't you the cutest?"You smiled as the dog leaned into your touch.

"Coco!" A man came up to you, shaking his head at the dog. "I'm sorry, she likes running away from me every chance she gets."

You chuckled. "It's okay. She's cute."

"That's why she gets away with this kind of things." He added and you took a chance to look at him.

He was tall, had short, dirty blonde hair and green eyes. You couldn't help but notice the numerous tattoos on his arms.

"What's your name?"

You smiled at him.

Some time later, you got to your dad's office and you barged in without looking up from your phone. "Alright, tell me what was so urgent that I had to come here, because I have a date tonight-" You looked up and cut yourself off. "You."

Nobody other than Tony was standing in your father's office, by the window that was overlooking the entire city, hands in his pockets as he looked at you. Although you were technically mad at him, you couldn't deny the fact that he looked more than good.

"Me." He said. "You have a date tonight?"

You stepped inside and closed the door. "That's none of your business. You have a girl you should be worried about."

He smiled. "Are you jealous?"

"Just stating the facts. What are you doing here, anyway?"

"That's not important right now."Tony said. "Who is he?"

"Why do you care?" You asked.

"Because I do!" Tony replied, raising his voice only slightly, but enough to make you angry.

"Well, stop acting like a fucking playboy then!"

"Maybe if you gave me a chance, I would!"He replied, approaching you, but you stood your ground, your head raised.

"Do you think I want to be another one of your one night stands which you can just dump the morning after?"

"Y/N, that's not at all what I was trying to-"

You both were stopped when the door opened, revealing your father. You cleared your throat while Tony took a step back.

"Am I interrupting something?" Your father asked.

"Not at all." You smiled. "Mr. Stark and I were just... talking."

Your father nodded before he walked up to his desk and took a small box which he handed to you. "I got this for you. I hope you'll like it."

You opened it, seeing it was a necklace. You gasped, touching it."It's gorgeous. Thank you, dad."

"You're welcome, darling." He smiled and turned his back towards you as he picked out a drink for himself and Tony.

You took the necklace, looking at it while Tony took a step closer to you. You could feel he was right behind you, pressing against your back.

"Do you want me to help you put it on?" He whispered in your ear, sending goosebumps all over your body. You could smell his cologne and it was making you lightheaded.

"Please." You whispered back.

"Come here." He placed his hands on your waist from behind, pulling you closer. He moved your hair to one side, his fingers brushing over your neck. You closed your eyes as he put it on you, feeling every brush of his fingers against your soft skin. He was done in a moment, before your father could realize what was going on. You went to pull away from him, but his hand pressed against your stomach and stopped you from going anywhere. "Are we good?" He whispered in your ear.

You looked at him over your shoulder and nodded before pulling away, just as your father turned around. His gaze fell to the necklace and he smiled."It suits you perfectly, dear."

"Thank you." You smiled, looking at Tony once again. "Unfortunately, I can't stay for long. I need to go, dad."

"Oh, darling, really?" Your father asked. "I asked you to come here to spend some time with me and Tony."

"I'm sorry." You said. "Another time?"

He smiled and nodded. "Another time, then."

You kissed your father's cheek and hugged him before you left.

"I'll be right back." Tony told your father and made his way out, following you. He found you waiting for the elevator. "Y/N!"

You turned around to face him, raising your eyebrow. "What do you want now?"

"Cancel that date tonight." He told you, taking your hand in his, which you quickly pulled away.

"I don't want to discuss this anymore-"

"No, no. Listen to me." Tony interrupted you. "Cancel that date tonight and go out with me instead."

He could see the corner of your lips twitch upwards. "I'll think about it."You told him, stepping inside of the elevator.

"Please?" He asked.

"I'll think about it." You repeated and winked at him as the elevator door closed.