Part 29

When you woke up again, the only thing you saw was white, blinding light. You could barely feel your arms and legs working and your throat felt dry and sore. You could barely speak.

"Did I die?" You questioned yourself as Alec's face came into your view."Oh great, I'm in hell."

"You're in no position to be insulting me, Y/N." Alec rolled his eyes as he helped you sit up and handed you a glass of water.

"Relax. I was just joking."

"How are you feeling now?"

"I... uh, okay, I guess?"

"What happened between you two?"Alec asked. "I found you passed out on the floor. It must've been something bad."

You took a deep breath as you remembered everything that happened between Tony and you. You looked away, trying to calm your breathing. "Tony and I... well, whatever we had going on between the two of us, is over."

Alec offered you a small smile as he squeezed your shoulder. "I'm sorry, Y/N. It's not my place. But, if there's any way I could help you, just name it."

You nodded. "Thank you. Can I just, uh... take a shower and change my clothes?"

"Of course. Call me if you need anything, I'll be in your father's room. It's time for his medication."

Couple hours later, you were sat in your favorite café. You took a sip of your coffee, then looked up at the person in front of you.

"Why am I here?"

"You know very well, Y/N." Amanda said, leaning on the table, towards you. "I want to come back to my house."

"It's not your house. You don't have a house. That's my father's house." You shortly replied, taking another sip.

"What will your father say?"

"Let me take care of my father." You replied. "I made up a story about why you left. I said you're visiting your family."

"You can't do this to us, Y/N. I love your father."

"No. No, you don't. If you loved him, you wouldn't cheat on him. And God knows if it happened more than once."

"We all make mistakes! How long are you going to hold that against me?"

You let out a chuckle. "Can you even hear yourself? How long-"

"I get that you love Tony. But, I've slept with him only once. And I've been with your father for-"

"I'm aware. What do you think, how would he react when he finds out what happened between you and Tony?"

Amanda's eyes narrowed as she looked at you. "You wouldn't do that."

"You're right. Maybe I wouldn't. That's why I'm here to offer you something. I could tell my dad what exactly happened, which wouldn't turn out good for you... " She raised an eyebrow in question. "Or, we could do this in a different way."

"And what would that include?"

"You're going to file for a divorce from my dad. I'll give you as much money as you need, you won't take anything from him. He doesn't know the truth. We all walk away happy."

"A tempting offer."

"A much better one than what you'd get if he finds out. See, I found the prenup you signed."

"What?"

"It says that neither of you have a claim on the separate or marital property owned by the other party. You should really read what you're signing sometimes, Amanda. What were you thinking?"

"I - I didn't know that."

"I was there when you signed it. You were too busy eyeing the new credit card my father got you to read what you were signing." You chuckled. "All those years of marriage... for nothing." You added, enjoying the shocked expression on her face.

"I- that can't be true! That isn't right."

"You're welcome to read it." You said."But, I think it'd be smart to take my offer. It still stands." You said before you walked out of the building.

As you were entering your car, you got a call from Natasha, which you immediately answered. "Yes?"

"Y/N." You could almost see her smile sweetly. "How are you?"

"Uh... fine. Why?" You asked her, suspicious of her tone.

"Steve and I wanted to ask if you would join us for dinner tonight."

"Nat, I-"

"It'll be just the three of us."

"Then fine." You said. "I'll be there, Nat."

"Alright. We'll see you tonight then?"

"You got it." You smiled as you answered her before ending the call.