Part 31

"You." Tony mumbled out, rolling his eyes. "Was this your plan?"

Your eyes narrowed as you looked at him, before you let out a scoff."Do you think I would willingly want to be locked up with you?"You asked him.

"I didn't come here to listen to your bitchy attitude."

"You didn't. It's on the house, Mr. Stark."

He approached you and you tried taking a step back, but you couldn't, not with the table behind you. You were trapped between his body and the table now.

"I'm getting really tired of your attitude, sweetheart."

"I'm sure you have your whores, who you could always-"

"Y/N."

"What?" You let out a chuckle. "Am I wrong? You fucked Amanda without any problem."

"Are you seriously still mad at me because of that?" He asked.

"Take a wild guess." You replied.

"Y/N, we talked about that. I thought that wasn't a problem anymore-"

"Clearly, you thought wrong." You told him.

Tony shook his head, letting out an unamused laugh as he stepped away from you, and ran his hand through his hair before pulling on the ends of it. "I can't believe we're back to square one. You'd do anything but talk about your feelings. You're making me chase you again-"

You interrupted him with a sarcastic laugh. "I'm not making you do anything, Mr. Stark." You shrugged."It's your decision. If you don't like it, feel free to walk away. I'm not stopping you. Amanda is back to being single, I hear. You could give her a call."

"Stop." He took a step towards you again, clearly annoyed and angry because of your words. "What do you want me to do to make you forgive me? Do you want to slap me?"

"Yes."

"Do it."

The next thing that could be heard in the room was a slapping sound as you did exactly what Tony suggested, using all your force. You bit on your tongue, resisting the urge to grunt due to the pain in your hand.

Tony clenched his jaw, turning his head to face you, his chocolate brown eyes searching for yours. "Did that make it better?"

You inspected his face with your eyes, taking notice of the red handprint on his cheek. Before he could do anything, you pulled away from him."No." You simply said, walking away from him.

"Y/N." He turned around as well, following you. "What are you doing?"

"I can't do this again, Tony." You simply said.

"You can't talk about your feelings? It's clear you feel something. You can't deny it."

"I said I can't talk about this again."You interrupted him."I'm not ready. And I can't trust you. No matter what my heart says, I don't trust you. Now, let me find a way out of here."

"Is being in here with me such a tragic thing to happen?" He asked, rolling his eyes, and leaning against the table as he watched you pull a bobby pin out of your hair and you got on your knees in front of the door.

"Shut up."

He watched you as you tried picking the lock and he shook his head. "The worst fucking mistake I ever did was allow myself to fall in love with you. You're heartless."

You gulped, trying to control your breathing and the tears that started to pool in your eyes. You were thankful he couldn't see your face, as your back was turned towards him. The door clicked open and you stood up, looking at him over your shoulder before making your way out of the room and leaving him alone.

You stormed past Natasha and Steve, ignoring their shocked faces and the way they kept calling you. You got into your car and went straight home. You then quickly went upstairs and found the box with different medicines before digging through it.

"Looking for this?" You almost let out a scream as a male voice asked from behind you. You turned around, seeing Matteo, leaning against the door as he pulled out a familiar bottle out of the pocket of his scrubs.

You cleared your throat, closing the box before straightening up and looking at Matteo. "I need that."

"I heard Alec gives you these." He gestured at the sleeping pills. "Those are very strong sedatives. I'm surprised Alec allows you to take them."

"Well, they're the only thing that work right now. I need that, so you're going to give me them." You said. "And I don't plan on repeating myself again."

"Jeez, okay." He rolled his eyes as he handed you the bottle. "Be careful with them, okay?"

You grabbed the bottle out of his hold and went to your room to take the pills, fall asleep and forget tonight ever happened.