Part 20

You don't even know how you ended up back at your house. After what the doctor told you in that room, you couldn't process a single thought or feeling anymore. What you didn't know was that Tony brought you back. He looked at you as you just stared in front of yourself, your face not showing a single emotion on it, if it weren't for tears running down your cheeks.

He stood up from the chair, unable to look at you. You didn't move a single time since you returned home, which was in the morning, and now it was almost midnight.

"Y/N..." He began, taking a seat on the couch next to you and taking your hand in his.

You snapped out of whatever trance you were in and looked at him. Tony's eyebrows furrowed when you looked surprised when you saw him."Tony."You slightly smiled."You're still here?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" He asked, moving your hair behind your ear and wiping away your tears."Come on, you need to eat and drink something."

You shrugged. "I don't know. I guess it's because you got what you wanted."

"What are you talking about, Y/N?"

You looked at him, your face completely serious. "We slept together. We both got what we wanted. You don't need to keep pretending."

"Is that all what I meant to you?" He asked, dropping your hand. "Someone you slept with and are tossing them to the side now? 'We both got what we wanted' ? What kind of bullshit is that, Y/N?" He asked and you opened your mouth to answer, but he ignored you."Are you going to ignore my feelings in all of this?"

"Tony... what feelings?"

"Are you fucking kidding me, Y/N?"

"I don't know what you're talking about!" You abruptly stood up, Tony following.

"I thought you felt it, too." Tony said, his voice going slightly quiet.

"I... didn't." You furrowed your eyebrows, avoiding his gaze.

"No." He placed his fingers under your chin, lifting it and making you look at his eyes. "Look at me and say it."

"I didn't feel anything, Tony." You repeated, looking at him this time.

He went quiet, looking clearly hurt. You looked away again and took a step back, creating more space between you and him.

"I think you should go." You said quietly. "It's for the best."

He shook his head, letting out an unamused laugh. "I was ready to be with you, Y/N. To share everything with you. But, you're ready to give up this easy?"

"This wasn't meant to last, Tony."

"We could try again, Y/N, I-"

You shook your head, and he went silent. After some time, he looked at you again, his gaze scanning over your face. "You know, everybody warned me about you. But, I refused to listen."

"That wasn't my fault."

"No. It was mine." He took a step closer, unable to look away from your face. "I guess... All of that beauty distracted me from seeing your soul."

You gulped, looking up at him, seeing he was clearly hurt. But, you knew you couldn't give in. "If you wanted love, you wouldn't have met me."

He nodded, taking a deep breath before he turned around. "If that's what you want. Goodbye, Y/N."

He left your house, slamming the door closed behind himself. You sat down on the couch, wiping your tears away with your shaky hands. It was for the best, you thought. You spent your whole life running away from love because you didn't want to get hurt again. This was for the best. Tony would forget about you quickly, and you would eventually forget about him as well. Things would go back to how they were.

You couldn't allow yourself to fall for anyone again, and you were close to doing that with Tony. Thankfully, you were able to stop yourself.

It was for the best. It's over now.

Then, why did you have a feeling things between you and him were far from over?