Part 21

The next morning, your father was looking out the window by his bed, when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." He said, thinking it was you.

But, when the door opened, they revealed Tony.

Tony noticed the way your father smiled and straightened up.

"Tony, please, come in." He said, gesturing at the chair next to his bed.

"How are you feeling today, Mr. Y/L/N?" Tony asked as he set the bag with fruits he bought for him on the table."I'm sorry, I didn't have a chance to talk to you yesterday, but Y/N was-"

"You were here yesterday?" Your father asked, making Tony stop talking. "With Y/N?"

"Sir, I-"

"Tell me, Anthony, how did you two get here together?"

Tony looked lost. "I am, uh... helping Y/N with her paintings."

"Really? What do you know about painting?" He looked at Tony, who undid the first button on his shirt, desperately needing air as he tried to come up with a reason that would be enough to please your father. Then, he bursted into laughter. "I'm only kidding, Anthony." He said, making Tony breathe out.

"I'm sorry, sir."

"Don't be. Haven't I been very open about the fact I would support your and my daughter's relationship?"

Just then, the door opened, revealing you and Amanda. Your eyes narrowed once you saw the scene in front of you. "What is this?"

"Y/N..." Tony began, but you cut him off.

"Actually." You interrupted him. "I don't care."

A doctor entered the room, drawing your attention. A tall man in his thirties, dark hair and dark eyes."Miss Y/L/N, if you could join me for a moment to discuss how the treatment of your father will go over the next few months-"

"Yes. Dad, Amanda will help you get dressed and we'll go home then, okay?"

"Sounds good, dear." He replied. As you left the room, he flashed Tony another look while shaking his head."Good luck with her, Anthony."

Tony left the room so Amanda could help your father and stepped out into the hallway. He saw you leaving the doctor's office a few minutes later, a smile on your face as you talked to him. Then, your gaze landed on Tony and the smile dropped from your face. You said something to the doctor, then approached Tony, who raised an eyebrow at you.

You crossed your arms under your chest, letting out a sigh. "What are you doing here?"

"Can't I visit my father in law?" He asked, making your lips part in surprise.

As soon as you regained your composure, you spoke. "What do you think you're doing? You do realize the two of us won't be together, do you?"

Tony wasn't listening to a word you said, too busy admiring you."You look good in that dress."

You raised an eyebrow at him.

"But you'd look even better without it."

You let out a breath. "This is over."

You turned around and started to walk away but before you could go any further, Tony's hand wrapped around your waist. He pulled you back before he guided you into an empty patients room, closing the door after the two of you. You were pressed against the door and he lowered his face towards you while still keeping a tight hold on you. "Over?" He repeated your words from earlier."You think this is over? You think I'll allow you to push me away? Oh, sweetheart, you can only try. Get that attitude of yours under control, do you understand? Try saying that one more time and I'll show you what exactly happens when you push all the right buttons at the wrong time. You're never saying that word again, are we clear?"

You nodded, lips parting as you stared at him, your mind completely blank.

"Good girl. You should go now. Your father is waiting for you." He said and you went to open the door, but his hands stopped you once again."Ah. Not so quick. I believe you owe me something first."

Your eyebrows furrowed in confusion, but it soon faded once Tony placed his lips on top of yours. You almost moaned into the harsh kiss. His tongue brushed over yours as he placed a final kiss on your lips before pulling away.

"Now you can go." He said and you left the room, a small smile on your face.