Part 40

You rushed into the hospital, arriving there only minutes after calling Tony. A nurse at the reception desk told you which room Amelia was in. When you turned into the hallway where her room was supposed to be, you saw Tony in front of the room, talking to someone on his phone.

"I gotta go. I'll call you later." He told the person before ending the call.

"Tony! What happened?" You asked him, about to walk into the room but he stopped you, pulling you back with his hand wrapped around your wrist.

"You need to calm down first." He told you. "You can't go in there like that. You'll scare Amelia."

"Right." You stopped for a moment, taking a deep breath before breathing out. "Is she okay?"

"She's fine now. We forgot her inhaler."

"Oh, my God." You ran your hand through your hair, pulling at the ends."I didn't pack it."

"Hey." Tony placed his hand on your cheek, making you look up at him."Don't blame yourself. I didn't check, either."

"Can I go see her?"

Tony nodded. "She's in there."

You opened the door slowly, seeing Amelia laid on a bed while Alec and Matteo were sat by her side, surrounded by numerous toys as they tried to entertain the three year old.

"Can your Barbie doll come over to play with my ninja turtles?"

"Dear God, Matteo, what would my Barbie doll do with your ninja turtles?" Alec asked, making Amelia giggle.

Tony stepped in after you, the front of his body brushing against your back, making you take in a sharp breath.

"Princess, your mom is here." Tony said, making Amelia turn towards the door, instantly grinning when she saw you.

"Mommy!"

You rushed over to her, wrapping her in a hug. "Are you okay?"

"I am." She replied as you moved her brown locks from her face. "Uncle Alec and Uncle Matteo are playing with me."

You looked at Alec and Matteo and they offered you a smile. "Don't worry, Y/N. She'll be fine. The doctor said she'll be back to check up on her later and she can go home after that."Alec explained.

You nodded. "Thank you."

"We'll leave you alone." Matteo said before the two of them left the room.

"What happened?" You asked Tony.

"We were playing in the backyard and Amelia was running too much. That's what triggered it." Tony said. "But, she's fine now."

You sat by her side, moving her hair as she looked at you with a smile on her face.

"I am fine now, mommy. Don't worry."

"Okay, honey. I trust you. Tony, did you leave the kids alone?"

"No, of course not." Tony replied."They're at Natasha and Steve's. I asked them to take care of the kids tonight."

Some time later, the doctor cleared Amelia to go home. You got her comfortable in her bed and turned on the TV for her to watch cartoons. Tony tucked her in and you were about to leave the room, but she stopped you.

"Dad, can you and mom stay here?"She asked, making you and Tony exchange a look.

"Well... you heard her." Tony said.

You let out a sigh. "Alright then."

You sat down on one side of the bed, while Tony sat on the other.