Part 26

After you took a shower and made yourself look presentable again, you stepped out of your old room and were about to go downstairs when you saw Jane leaving your father's office room. She looked at you, gesturing at the closed door. "Your father has been asking for you, Miss."

"Why is he in there?" You asked her."He's supposed to be resting."

"He insisted, Miss. He said he feels better and he wanted to have a talk with Mr. Stark in his office."

"Tony is still here?" You asked and she nodded, making you sigh. "And Amanda?"

"Everything has been packed and she is on her way."

"Thank you, Jane. You can go."

You took a deep breath before entering your father's office. You found him behind his desk, talking about something with Tony, whose eyes stopped on you the moment you entered and never looked away.

You cleared your throat, trying to avoid Tony's gaze, looking directly at your father. "You asked to see me."

"Oh, Y/N." Your father stood up. "Yes. Yes, I did. I figured since Tony was here, you would like to see him."

You let out a sigh. "Dad-"

"Oh, dear." He took a sip of his coffee, then looked at you, then at Tony."Looks like Jane forgot to put sugar in it. I'll go and get it."

Knowing very well what he was doing, you tried to take the cup from him. "No, I'll do it-"

He pulled it away, a stern look on his face. "Y/N. I said I'll go and get it. End of discussion."

You followed him with your gaze as he left the room, closing the door behind himself. You rolled your eyes."Does he think we still don't know what he's trying to do?"

"Let him." Tony said, standing up.

Instanly, you turned towards him."You have some nerve coming here, Stark."

He stood in front of you now, looking you up and down."You're breathtaking." He said, moving a strand of your hair, to which you took a step back.

"Let go of me."

"I'm sorry, sweetheart." He said, ignoring you and taking your hand in his. "I'm so sorry."

"Let go." You snapped, pulling your hand out of his hold. "How can you still come here and look him in the eyes, knowing what you're hiding from him?"

"I'm sorry, Y/N, but it's not my secret to tell."

"Okay. Maybe it's not. But, how can you do this?"

"I made a mistake. I didn't know who she was married to. Hell, how was I supposed to know that, one day, I would meet her again and not only that, but that I would have feelings for her step daughter, too? I couldn't have predicted this. If I knew how things were going to turn out, I would've told you sooner." He said.

"But you didn't."

"Tell me one thing. If I told you about this sooner, would you let all of those things that happened between us... would you still let them happen?"

He stared at you, his eyes searching for an answer on your face. But, when you looked up at him, the answer was clear.

"That's what I thought." Tony said."I hate this. I hate this situation."

"It would've happened sooner or later. You can't hide things from me forever." You said as the door opened, revealing your father. He looked between the two of you, expecting that you two have solved whatever the issue is. But, once he saw the expressions on your faces, his smile fell.

"Am I interrupting something?" He asked.

You stepped away from Tony and shook your head. "No. It's all fine. I have work to do. I'll come by later."You told your father. "Don't forget to eat and take your medications, okay? I love you." You said as you hugged him and then made your way out without looking back.

Tony let out a sigh and sat back in the armchair, exhausted. He wasn't properly eating, sleeping, or functioning at all since you found out about him and Amanda.

He thought you would see his point and you two would be back to how it once were by now, but he realized he hurt you even more than he thought. He knew you won't forgive him for this easily. But, then again, he wasn't sure if you would forgive him at all. With that thought, he shook his head, refusing to believe you would never forgive him. He just had to work harder for your forgiveness, and that's exactly what he was planning on doing.