Part 33

You were walking by Alec's side down the hall and he was explaining your father's current state to you. You heard footsteps approaching you and you turned around, only to see Tony. He approached you, his gaze focused on Alec. "Can we talk?"

"About what?" You asked, your tone sharp.

"Alone." Tony said. "Please." He added.

Alec looked at you with a questioning look. "Y/N..."

"Tell him I'll be there in a few minutes." You told Alec before squeezing his hand. He nodded, glancing at Tony one more time before he walked away. Then, you turned towards Tony. "What do you want?"

"Not here." Tony replied and gestured at the empty patients room behind him. "You first?"

You let out a scoff before entering the room. Tony followed you and closed the door before turning around to face you."Whatever you have to say, Anthony, you have two minutes. I won't listen to you any longer."

"Fine." Tony cleared his throat before looking you up and down. "I want to say it's nice to finally see you."

You rolled your eyes.

"So, you and that guy?"

"It's none of your business, Tony." You snapped at him. "Who do you think you are?"

"Y/N-"

"Why do you care?"

"You know very well why."

"Fine! What do you want to know? Yes, I'm sleeping with Alec. Is that it? What else do you want to know?"

Tony's jaw clenched once he processed your words. He turned away, unable to look at you. "I knew it."

"Good for you." You were about to walk out of the room, but his words stopped you again.

"I believed you could, maybe, change your mind and accept you have feelings for me. But, no. I should've known you were never going to change."

You let out a laugh and turned to face him. "And the girl you brought here?"You asked. "Do you think I didn't notice? Don't start, Anthony. And don't make me the bad guy when we both, clearly, moved on." You said before leaving the room, slamming the door closed behind you.

You quickly found your father's room. You knocked before entering it, only to see Alec and your father laughing and talking about something.

"Y/N, hey." Your father said when he saw you. "Come in!"

"What are you doing?" You asked them, stepping inside and closing the door after you.

"Just talking. I heard Natasha had her baby."

"Yes, she did." You smiled at him, glancing at Alec, who was already watching you closely. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, dear. Don't worry about me."

You looked at him with a raised eyebrow before turning towards Alec."Now, how is he really?"

"Well, Mr. Y/L/N is getting better. He made significant progress. We have to run some tests, but I think he should be ready to go home tomorrow. We'll monitor him at home, too, since he has a couple rounds of chemo left."

"Then, why did he end up here, Alec?"You asked him and he walked towards you, placing a hand on your shoulder to calm you down.

"I said I'm fine." Your father cut in."I just felt a little sick. It's normal."

You let out a sigh, and looked at Alec.

"I'll leave you alone. Talk to him. Make him eat something. He'll listen to you. We can talk about it later, okay?" He whispered to you and you nodded.

"Thank you."

He placed the chart back in its place and winked at you before he left the room.

"Are you hungry?" You asked your father, sitting down on the chair by his bed.

"I'm not."

"No wonder. Hospital food sucks. But, luckily, I ordered your favorite." You smiled, grabbing the bag off the table."We can eat together, what do you say?"

He offered you a smile, shaking his head. "Fine."

Some time later, when your father went back to sleep due to how exhausted he was after chemo, you looked at him once more before you left the room. You went to find Alec's office and you were about to enter it when you heard grunts coming from inside it.

Your eyebrows furrowed, hearing another grunt that clearly belonged to Alec. You looked back at the hallway, seeing nobody was there other than you, before you literally punched the door, calling Alec's name. "What?"You heard his voice answer.

"Open up, whore." You said. "What other whore do you have in there?"

You could basically hear his annoyed sigh, before you heard the door unlocking.

"Y/N." He said, quickly turning away from you. "Always a pleasure to see you."

"What's wrong?" You asked as you stepped into his office. His back was turned towards you.

"Nothing."

"Alec. Turn around." You said and he let out another sigh before turning around.

Your eyes widened when he turned around, revealing his bloody nose and a tissue completely covered in blood as he was using it to try and stop the bleeding.

"Oh, my God." You gasped. "What the hell?"

He leaned against the table and waved it off. "You... fuck... you should see the other guy." He said, his face scrunching up in pain.

"Stay here. I'm going to get Matteo."

"No, don't!" Alec yelled out, but it was too late, as you had already ran out of his office and returned with Matteo following you.

"Y/N, if this is another attempt of you and Alec trying to make a joke-" Matteo trailed off once he walked in and saw the scene. He abandoned the papers he was filling out and placed his pen back in his pocket. He took a look at Alec before bursting out in laughter.

"Shut up, you-"

"Alright!" You interrupted Alec. "Do your thing so I can ask him what happened."

"Yes, ma'am." Matteo said, going to the nurses station to take the equipment he needed before he returned and began cleaning Alec's blood off."Great news is, it's going to be okay."

"Who did this?" You asked.

"I'm not supposed to tell you."

"Alec!"

"Fine. Your ex, Tony, punched me and he said it's because you and I slept together."

"You two slept together?" Matteo gasped, looking between the two of you. "And nobody thought to ask me to join?"

You let out a breath. "We didn't sleep together." You said. "I just... made Tony think we did."

"Great." Alec mumbled out before hissing in pain. "Be gentle, shithead!"

"Sorry!" Matteo bit on his lip to try and keep himself from laughing.

"I'm so sorry, Alec. If I'd known he'd do this, I wouldn't have said anything to him."

"I got punched in the face and we didn't even sleep together." Alec said.

"Stay here. I'm going to call the cops."

"What? No!" Alec said. "Don't do that."

"Then, I'm going to talk to Tony. Stay here."