Part 10

You went upstairs to check on your old room. You made sure your door was closed before taking off one of the paintings on the wall, revealing a small safe. You entered the correct combination and the door clicked open, revealing inside all of your mother's jewellery. You kept it safe from Amanda, knowing if she found it, you would have no memory of your mother left.

The voices outside made you panic. You quickly checked if all of it was still there and closed the safe before placing the painting back in its original place.

"I told you you can't tell her anything!" You recognized Amanda's panicked voice and it made you curious. You approached the door as quietly as you could, listening to the muffled voices. You slowly cracked the door open, taking a peek outside.

"She's already suspicious!" You almost gasped when you heard a familiar voice. Tony.

"But that will ruin me!"

"You should've thought about that before you-"

Amanda quickly interrupted him."Don't talk about that here! Please. Do you think you'll be allowed to stay with her if he finds out?"

"I'm done asking for permissions."Tony told her, his jaw clenched as he glared at the woman before him. He stormed off, angry. You closed the door before they could spot you and leaned your back against them. What was going on?

You knew you had to find out. And you had to do it soon.

A knock on your door made you snap out of your thoughts. You took a deep breath and smoothed out your dress before opening the door, seeing it was Amanda. You stepped out of your room and closed the door as Amanda talked.

"Y/N. I was looking for you."

"Well, now you've found me. Unfortunately for me." You said, crossing your arms as you glared at her.

"I wanted to talk to you about something." She began.

"About what?"

"Tony." She said. "There is something going on between the two of you."

"Why are you sticking your nose where it doesn't belong?" You asked her, trying to walk past her, but she stopped you.

"Wait! Listen to me for a second, please. You can't have anything with him."

"Excuse me?"

She nodded her head. "Whatever is going on has to stop. I'm telling you this for your own good. He's not who he seems. He's a manipulative liar."

You let out a chuckle. "Who do you think you are?"

"I'm trying to look out for you! You're the one who will get hurt if you involve yourself with him. Please, for your good, stop whatever is going on."

You pushed yourself off the wall, towering over her smaller figure. You pressed her against the doorframe and your body and, for a second, you swore you saw fear flash cross her features.

"Listen to me very carefully, Amanda. I somewhat tolerate you because of my dad. But, try sticking your nose in my business again for your personal gain, and see what happens."

Amanda gulped. "I warned you."

"Leave." You told her and she quickly walked away from you, leaving you to glare at her retreating figure.

You made your way back downstairs a few minutes later. You found a waiter and took a glass of wine before deciding to move to a corner of the room, where you can be alone. Unfortunately, Tiffany rushed to approach you, making you sigh.

"Y/N. What a surprise."

You snapped your gaze towards her."Is it a surprise when this is my house? The fact you and your mother are two parasites living here in my house and spending my father's money changes absolutely nothing about that fact, sweetie. Rats play when cat is gone."

"Charming as always." She smiled.

"Get to the topic already." You told her. "You're boring me."

She smiled, gesturing with her head towards Tony. "Your newest toy grew bored of you, did he?"

You rolled your eyes.

"Can you blame him?" She laughed."Of course he'll get bored of you. You like to make this whole deal about yourself when you're not worth the time he would spend on you. He can have any other girl he wants, not a spoiled brat like yourself."

"Any other girl?" You raised an eyebrow. "Like... you?"

She smiled, fixing her hair. "I would let him take me to his bed any day."

You slammed the glass against the table and turned towards her. She instantly regretted saying anything when she saw the murderous look in your eyes. You were glad you were away from other people now. You grabbed the hair on the back of her head and pulled her close to yourself. "Listen to me very carefully. I'm trying to be calm right now because I don't want to ruin my father's night, but if this whole party wasn't happening I would kill you and your mother. Talk to me that way again and I will take both of your eyes out and make you eat them. I am not like you and I won't allow myself to fuck the first man that lays eyes on me. Stop comparing yourself to me. Just because you're wearing an expensive dress my father bought, know that it doesn't make you look any less cheap. Now go. Before the plastic starts melting off your face."

She scrambled to run away from you as soon as you released her. "He would never even be with you, anyway." She spat before running away.

You glanced at Tony, who was on his phone, talking to someone. You knew you would make the biggest mistake in your life right now, but you had to make Amanda and Tiffany jealous. And the fact you had more wine than you should probably didn't help you make clear decisions.

You walked up to Tony just as he finished the phone call. "There you are." He said.

"Kiss me."

"What?" He asked, shocked.

"Kiss me. Before I change my mind."

Tony didn't waste time, or question you again. He placed his hands on your waist and you glanced at his eyes as he lowered his lips towards yours. You closed your eyes when you felt his lips on yours, kissing you.

Your hands were placed on his neck as you kissed back quickly, forgetting all about where you actually were and what made you kiss him.