Part 16

As soon as you saw Amanda, you rushed towards her. She looked surprised to see you, judging by the expression on her face. You pulled out the chair across from her and sat down.

"Y/N." She grinned, taking off her sunglasses. "What a surprise."

You offered her a fake, forced smile."Amanda."

"Let me guess. You need something from me." She looked you up and down.

"I have no time for your games today, so it would do you good to answer my questions. Is dad sick?"

She shrugged. "I didn't notice anything wrong."

You narrowed your gaze.

She sighed. "I hate that judgy look on your face. He didn't tell me anything, and I didn't notice anything. Even if he is sick, contrary to your belief, he keeps some things from me. Why? Is he really sick?"

"He told me you're coming with him to the doctor tomorrow."

She gulped, avoiding your gaze.

"It's clear that you know something."You grabbed her wrist, pulling her close to you and she looked up at you. "Stop lying and tell me what you know."

"I can't." She said. "He asked me not to. I'm sorry, Y/N, but it's not my secret to tell."

Frustrated, you stood up and moved to the other end of the room, storming past Steve and Tony. Tony looked up as you basically ran past him.

"Get me something strong." You told the waiter.

"What would you like, Miss?"

"Anything. Your choice." You quickly said.

Tony looked at Steve, who raised his eyebrow as he looked at you, then looked back at Tony in question."Excuse me, I'll be right back." He told Steve, who nodded.

You looked up when Tony approached you, taking a seat next to you and placing his hand on your thigh."Sweetheart, what's wrong?"

You couldn't move your eyes off him. Especially the way he was sitting, his legs spread and the way he was looking you made all of your self respect leave your body. Until you remembered the conversation with Amanda and sighed. "It's clear they're hiding something big from me. Even Amanda knows."

"And did you find out what it is?" He asked with a gentle voice, his hand rubbing up and down your thigh as he looked at you.

You shook your head. "She doesn't want to tell me. I will rip her cheap extensions and stuff them up her fake-"

Tony placed his hand on top of yours and stopped you from getting up."While I'm sure you're... capable of that, I would rather not have to bail you out of the police station."

You sat back down, letting out a long breath.

Tony's smile fell as he watched the frown on your face. He took your hand in his, placing a kiss on the back of your palm."Sweetheart..."

"I feel useless, Tony. My father is sick and I can't do anything about it."

"I know how you're feeling, sweetheart. You're going to find out tomorrow, aren't you? He'll tell you after his visit to the doctor." He brushed a strand of your hair behind your ear and tilted your chin up with his hand so you could look in his eyes."What do you say we forget about this for now and I can take you home? We can order some food and we can watch a movie?"

You smiled and nodded your head."Please."