Part 36

When Tony walked into your room the following day, he was met with an empty bed. He tried looking for you in the toilet, but you weren't there either. He checked the room, seeing all of your belongings were gone. He pulled out his phone and called you.

"Yes?" He heard your voice answer after only a couple of rings, which made him smile. When he used to call you months before, you wouldn't answer no matter what he tried.

"Where are you, Y/N?"

"At home."

Tony could feel himself getting frustrated. "Why are you at home when you're supposed to be at the hospital?"

"Tony." You said in the same tone you knew he couldn't resist. "Life is too short for that."

"Y/N..." He let out a sigh. "You were supposed to be at the hospital for a few more days."

"I didn't like it there, so I went home."

"Great." Tony mumbled out. "Stay there. I'll come over. You need someone to take care of you." He added before he ended the call, leaving no room for argument.

When he parked in front of your house, you waited for him at the door, a smile on your face. "I thought you were joking."

"Why would I be joking?" He asked, walking up the stairs to your front door before he pulled you into a hug and placed a peck on your lips.

"I don't know." You replied as you stepped aside, letting him in before closing the door.

Tony looked at you, gesturing at the couch with his head. "You're going to lay down now and I'm going to be taking care of you."

"That sounds boring." You said with a pout, but Tony glared at you, making you roll your eyes. "Fine." You said, already on your way to the couch.

"Are you hungry?" Tony asked. "Do you want me to make you something to eat?"

Tony could see your eyes widen and you looked surprised.

"What?" He asked, confused.

"Is that a threat, Stark?" You asked him.

"Very funny." Tony replied, rolling his eyes. "I take it you're not hungry, then."

"No." You said as you pat the space next to you. "Come on. We're watching a movie."

It was the late afternoon when you woke up, realizing you fell asleep while watching the movie. Tony wasn't anywhere in sight, so you sat up and stretched before going to look for him. You could hear the sound of your shower, so you figured Tony was there.

"Baby?" Tony asked when he heard your footsteps. "You're awake?"

"I just woke up." You raised your voice so he could hear you.

"Well, come in then." He said and you thought about whether you should go in there or not, but in the end, you ended up opening the door.

"Can you pass me that towel?" He asked and you took the towel, avoiding to look at his figure. He noticed and he bit his lip to keep himself from laughing. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." You blurted out.

"You've seen me naked before." He said, watching your reaction closely."Come on, sweetheart. Look at me. Join me."

"Tony... " You mumbled out, but he was already halfway through pulling your shirt off. You couldn't resist him and took the rest of your clothes off before he pulled you inside, right under the water stream.

"You're gorgeous." He said, trailing his fingers across your jaw.

He made you raise your head, connecting your lips with his in a slow kiss. Your hands tangled in his hair as you pulled him closer. His hands squeezed your waist as the kiss deepened, his tongue sliding inside and finding yours.

As you pulled away, he took your shampoo before he began washing your hair, gently massaging it, making you close your eyes and lean against him. Then, it was your turn to wash his hair. He was resting his forehead on your shoulder as you washed it.

It was late at night when you two were finally in bed. You had your head resting on Tony's chest, while his arms were around you, his fingers drawing invisible patterns on your skin. You could feel his heartbeat, almost making you fall asleep. Soft noises from the movie you two were watching were playing in the background. You looked up at Tony and he smiled down at you.

"I'm sorry." You whispered out. "I was so stupid."

"Sweetheart... " Tony breathed out before placing a kiss on top of your head and squeezing you tighter against him. "You know I forgive you. You don't even know how much power you have over me." He said, placing his hand on your cheek, softly caressing your skin."Only you do."

"I've always believed... I knew I wasn't meant for love and all other things that come with it."

"Sweet girl." He said, tucking your hair behind your ear as he placed a soft kiss on your lips. "You deserve so much more." He said, pulling away to admire your face. "God, you're beautiful. I can't believe I have you in my arms like this."

You smiled, snuggling against his chest as he placed another kiss on top of your head. You fell asleep to his kisses and his touches that night. Just like that, his presence replaced all of the pills you've been taking for months to make yourself fall asleep. For the first time in months, you slept peacefully snuggled against his chest, in his hold, and to his kisses.