Part 25

Two weeks have passed since you found out what happened between Tony and Amanda, and since you ended things with him. It was not exactly easy for you, but you decided to occupy your mind with other things, picking up on other hobbies.

As you stepped foot in your father's house, you went straight to his room, where you saw the same doctor from the hospital leaving his room. He took off his gloves, throwing them in a bin before closing the door, his gaze falling on you.

"Miss Y/L/N." He smiled when he saw you. "What a surprise."

"Did something happen?" You asked, your eyebrows furrowing.

"No, of course not. A regular check up. We gave Mr. Y/L/N his medication. I
But, uh... it's nice to see you again."

"Oh." You bit on your lower lip, avoiding looking at the man. "It's nice to see you as well, doctor."

"Please." He laughed. "Call me Alec."

"Right." You said. "Coffee?"

"I could use one."

You walked into the kitchen, two girls working there immediately standing up as soon as they saw you. "Can we help you, Miss?" Jane asked.

You opened a cupboard, grinning."There it is." You said, taking the expensive whiskey your father had. Then, you looked at Alec, who was leaning against the doorway, his arms crossed over his chest as he looked at you with a raised eyebrow. You offered him an innocent grin."Sorry. We're out of coffee."

"But, Miss-"

"Jane, why don't you leave us alone?"You asked the girl, who nodded before leaving the room with the other girl.

"Isn't it too early to be drinking?" Alec asked as you took two glasses, filling them both.

"Are you going to complain, or are you going to join me?"

"I'm still on my shift." Alec said.

"Well, more for me." You held a glass up. "Cheers, doc." You said before swallowing the drink in one gulp.

An hour later, you were sitting on the cold tiles, your back leaning against the counter. Alec was by your side, completely sober while you were slightly tipsy. "Men are shit." You told him after finishing another drink.

He looked offended, opening his mouth to say something, but then met your gaze and decided to shut up."Well, the man in your case is." He said after a moment of silence.

"What is going on here?" You heard the screeching voice that belonged to no one other than Amanda.

Alec looked at you in question, while you pointed at Amanda, then downed another drink. "It's her. Help me get up."

"What is going on here?" Suddenly, Natasha walked in, pointing at her phone. "Your location said you're here."

Her gaze narrowed when she saw the doctor keeping his arms around you, trying to keep you on your feet.

"What the hell, Y/N? How much did you have to drink?" She asked, taking your hand and trying to peel you off the man, but you didn't budge. Natasha shot a short gaze to the man."I'm so sorry. She's not an alcoholic."

"It's alright. I have to admit Miss Y/L/N is funnier in this state."

"Will someone explain why you're here looking like this?" Amanda gestured at you.

"Will you explain why you cheated on my dad with Tony?"

"WHAT?" Natasha looked between you and Amanda. "When did that happen?"

"That was a long time ago!" Amanda told Natasha. "It didn't happen recently, if you have to know."

"Jane!" You called for the girl, who showed up in a second. "Would you be a dear and pack up Amanda's things? She no longer lives here."

"What? Jane, you will stay here."

"Jane, you will do as I say." You told the girl, who hurried up the stairs.

Amanda was shocked, her mouth open as she tried to process what was happening. "Y/N, you can't do this! What will your father say, how will you explain this to him-"

"I will take care of my father. Somehow, I think he won't complain, Amanda. In fact, if I don't mention it to him, maybe he won't even notice. After all, you didn't spend much time by his side, did you?"

Frustrated, Amanda rushed upstairs to stop Jane from packing her things while Natasha looked at you, her face still showing surprise.

"You will explain all of this later."Natasha told you. "But, right now, we need to get you looking normal again. You will take a shower and we will go out. You need to socialize with someone."

"With who?" You asked with a laugh."I don't have anyone else other than you."

"Yes, that's what happens when you only socialize with people you didn't upset."

You let out a scoff, then poured another drink for yourself. "Well, we're celebrating today... the biggest dick award goes to Tony Stark!"

You only lowered the glass after emptying it, being met with Natasha and Alec's surprised expressions.

"Not like that, you... you perverts!"

Alec accidentally looked at the window, then sighed. He pat your shoulder before gesturing at the figure making its way towards the front door. "It seems your boyfriend... well, ex boyfriend is here."

"Great." You rolled your eyes. "Why is he here?"

"Your father mentioned it, actually. They're actually close to signing a partnership deal. Mr. Stark is a great businessman-"

"I don't need to listen to you simping over Tony, Alec." You scoffed, placing the bottle on the counter before taking off your high heels that were starting to get uncomfortable.

"I'm stating facts-"

"Is this the first time you're seeing each other since-"

"Yes." You quickly answered Natasha's question as the door opened and Tony walked in.

"I've let myself in since nobody was-"Tony stopped talking once he saw you approaching him. "Y/N? You-"

"Man whore." You nodded at him, passing by him without another glance.

"It's nice to see you too, sweetheart."Tony called after you, but you ignored him.