Part 12

Like you did almost every day, you stopped by your father's company. That morning, he insisted that you come there and you couldn't say no to him. When you opened the door to his office and saw Tony inside, you let out a chuckle as you walked in and closed the door. "I knew it."

He was sat in one of the comfortable chairs, his legs spread as he had a drink in his hand. "Miss Y/L/N."

You approached him and Tony pat his thigh. Without even thinking about it, you sat down on his thigh and he wrapped his arm around you. "Every time my dad insists on me coming here, it's actually because of you."

"Are you complaining?" He raised an eyebrow at you as he finished his drink and placed the glass on the table.

You let out a chuckle. "No. I just always think he misses me. Turns out, I'm actually naive. Are you the one asking him to call me here?"

Tony gave you a look. "I didn't know he called you."

You laughed and Tony gave you a look again.

"Something funny?" He asked, tucking a strand of your hair behind your ear as he looked at you.

"Don't you see it?" You laughed again."He's been trying so hard to get the two of us together."

"Your father?" Tony asked and you nodded. He shrugged. "Fine by me. That means I have his approval, then."

The door to the office slowly opened and you quickly got up from his lap, creating some distance between you and Tony. Your father made his way inside, a smile appearing on his tired face when he saw you. "Y/N, you arrived. I wasn't expecting you yet."

You smiled as you walked towards him and hugged him, placing a soft kiss on his cheek. "I was already at the gallery, dad. How are you?"

As soon as he opened his mouth, he went into a coughing fit and you looked at him worriedly.

"Dad, what's wrong?" You asked him and he shook his head before he took a napkin to wipe his mouth. "Are you sick?"

"I'm fine, dear. It's nothing. I have it under control." He replied as you looked at Tony over your shoulder and he appeared by your side instantly. "Did you and Tony have a good talk?"

You exchanged a look with Tony and breathed out. "Dad... "

"I hope you're not fighting each other anymore." He said.

Tony placed his hand on your lower back, making you shiver. "Of course we did. We're back on good terms, aren't we?"

"We are." You quickly agreed, then paid your attention back on your father, taking his hand in yours."But, are you sure you're okay?"

"Y/N, there is no reason to be worried." He said. "The party tired me out and my immune system is low. But, that'll pass and I'll be healthy again. There's no reason to be worried. Why don't you and Tony go out for coffee and I'll join you later?"

"Perfect idea." Tony immediately agreed. "What do you think, Y/N?"

You gave your father a look, while he held a smile on his face. "Dad, you're not being subtle."

"Please, Y/N." He pat your arm as you still looked at him. "Go with him."

"Fine." You breathed out. "But don't think I'll forget about this. You need to see a doctor."

"I will, honey."

A few moments later, you walked into an elevator with Tony and he took the opportunity to pin you against the wall, starting to kiss your neck and leaving you breathless. "Tony.. " He heard your whimper and pulled away to look at you. The hungry expression on his face was enough to make you wet again. He looked down at your lips, before leaning towards them and capturing your lips with his. His hand was caressing the curve of your ass as he kissed you sensually, deepening the kiss.

You placed a hand on his chest, slightly pushing him away. "Tony... we can't here."

"Why not?" He asked.

"It's my dad's company." You rolled your eyes. "Everybody knows me here. They could tell my dad."

Tony continued kissing your neck as you let out a soft moan. "So what? He clearly supports us."

"Well, I'd like to keep this whole thing a secret for now." You replied, pushing him away when the elevator came to a stop. "I want to see how much longer he's going to keep trying to get us together. And, having his support doesn't mean he'll react well if someone catches you getting handsy with his daughter in an elevator."

Tony let out a laugh. You made your way out and you felt Tony's hand brush against yours. You looked down at it just as he took your hand in his, intertwining your fingers casually, making your heart speed up. He kept looking straight, walking towards the exit with you. You nudged him with your elbow. "Isn't it too early for this? Also, I gave you an ultimatum, too. You never told me what you'll pick."

Tony took his phone and handed it to you. "Go ahead. See for yourself. There's not a single girl in there. Except for you."

You narrowed your eyes at him. "Hm. What about Lana?"

"Lana?" Tony looked down at you."Are you kidding me? I didn't talk to her for weeks. Y/N, you're the only woman in my life. The only woman I want."

You smiled. "Alright, let's say I'll believe you. For now."

Tony breathed out. Then, his mind traveled to Amanda and he tensed up again. What he was doing was wrong. Both, to you and your father. He felt guilty, even though it, technically, wasn't his fault. He didn't even know Amanda was married. He was drunk, as he usually was, and he simply didn't care enough to ask her. She was the one that cheated on her husband. But, he knew it was his fault for not saying anything and for letting Amanda lie to your father. She begged him not to say anything, and Tony decided not to for his own selfish reason: you.

He knew you would despise him if you found out Amanda cheated on your father with him, and simply for the fact he slept with Amanda, the woman you hated. So, he decided against saying anything. He convinced himself it was the right choice if he wanted to keep you. That didn't help his anxiety and fear of you finding out, though. After all, you were a smart girl and you already started suspecting something was happening between them. The only thing Tony could do is pray that you'll never find out.