Part 37

Tony was beside himself that day. He was calling you the whole day, but you weren't answering him. He checked at your house, then at your father's house, but you weren't there either. He went to Natasha and Steve's place, knocking on the door and ringing the doorbell.

Steve answered the door, looking tired, huge bags under his eyes and a bottle of milk for the baby in his hands. "Tony?"

"Finally!" Tony said. "Is Y/N here? I've been calling her the whole morning, but she's not answering. She's not at her house either. I'm getting really worried for her-"

Steve could only look at him with a blank stare. "I'm running on two hours of sleep and my brain can't comprehend what you're saying. Slow down."

Natasha appeared, placing a hand on Steve's shoulder in an attempt to move him aside. She looked equally tired as Steve did, but she offered a small smile to  Tony. "Come in, Tony."She said.

"I'm sorry, Nat, but I'm looking for Y/N."

"I know. Come in."

Natasha led him upstairs, to the nursery. As soon as she opened the door, Tony was met with the sight of you holding the newborn baby, Aiden. He breathed out in relief once he saw you were safe. When you looked up and met his gaze, Tony forgot about everyone else in the room and only focused on you, with the baby in your arms.

"Sweetheart." Tony stepped inside, reaching for you before he pulled you into a long kiss. Steve and Natasha were gone.

When he pulled away, you looked up at him, lowering your voice to a whisper so you don't wake the baby boy, who just fell asleep in your arms. "Sorry I didn't tell you where I am. Nat called me and said it was urgent."

"Really?" Tony's eyebrows furrowed."What was so urgent you had to leave me at my house all alone? I was thinking we could have a repeat of last night, but I woke up alone."

"Tony." You glared at him. "Not in front of the baby."

"I don't think he understands us yet, love." Tony said, placing another peck on your lips. "So? What was so urgent?"

"Nat and Steve needed someone to watch the baby so they could get some sleep." You said with a laugh, then looked down at the baby. "Turns out the little one right here is a troublemaker."

Tony smiled at you, watching your interactions with the baby before he placed his fingers under your chin, making you look up at him. "You're beautiful." He said, his fingers tracing over the soft skin on your face. "And one day, you'll make our babies just as beautiful."

"Our babies?" You questioned, tilting your head to the side, unable to hide the smile forming on your face.

"Yes." Tony said. "One day."

The baby's eyes slowly opened, making you smile down at him. "Hi, sweetie. You want uncle Tony to hold you? Yes, you do."

Tony took off the suit jacket before he rolled up his sleeves. You gently placed the baby in his hands and he looked down at him lovingly.

"I went to visit my dad." You said after a moment of silence.

Tony looked up at you before clearing his throat. "How is he?"

"He's fine. You could come visit him, too."

"I will." Tony said. "I wasn't sure if you wanted me to visit him anymore."

"Tony...  of course I do. He loves you. I won't say he loves you as much as he loves me, but you're in the second place, I'm sure." You joked, making Tony scoff.

"You... didn't tell him, right? He doesn't know anything?"

You looked away, your expression changing. You thought about his question before you spoke. "I was thinking that I should probably tell him. I mean, he deserves to know. But, then again, what's the point? I don't want him to be worried, and that would make his health even worse. I don't want anything to happen to him because of that. There's nothing between you and Amanda anymore, it happened years ago, and I took care of Amanda-" You trailed off when Tony shot you a look."I just made sure she can't bother him again. I didn't kill her, you can relax."