Part 38

The following morning, you were drinking your coffee with Tony by your side as you watched your kids get ready in panic.

"They are running around like a bunch of headless chickens." Tony commented, making you slap his arm.

"Don't say that about our kids."

"It's the truth." Tony said, grabbing Alex before he could run into the stove and hurt himself. "Where do you think you're going?"

"My room."

Tony gently grabbed him and turned him around. "That way."

"Thanks, dad."

You two watched as he left the kitchen and ran up the stairs. You shook your head before bringing the cup up to your lips to take a sip.

"How are you doing?" You heard Tony ask you, making you shrug.

"I'm fine."

"Take today off, okay?" He asked you, glancing down at you. "You've been working hard. You deserve a break."

You nodded, placing the cup aside."I just have something to finish-"

"No. Y/N, we agreed you'll relax today. And I will make sure of it. Even if I have to take away every electronic device in this house from you."

You let out a chuckle. "I've been married to a tech genius, give me some time and I could probably make my own phone."

This time, Tony stared deep into your eyes, a smile on his face. His gaze softened when he looked at you and he could feel his heart speeding up. He didn't know how to feel about the fact he still had very, very strong feelings for you. He felt like a fool for wanting a divorce in the first place and screwing up every chance of making up and saving your marriage later.

Before he could say anything else, Nicholas walked into the kitchen. He pulled out a chair for himself and sat down before he started placing food on his plate.

"Did Tanya cook?" Nicholas asked about the older woman who has been taking care of your kids since they were babies. Since they didn't have any grandparents from your, or Tony's side, they always thought of Tanya as their grandmother.

"No. Your dad did." You replied, making Nicholas look at you as he was going to take a bite.

"Um... I'll just eat at school." Nicholas said, pushing the plate away, making you laugh.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Tony asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Dad, it means you're a terrible cook."

"Relax, honey." You said. "I made it."

"Are you sure?" Nicholas asked.

"Of course. Do you want me to drop you off to school today?"

"No." Nicholas responded quickly, making you and Tony exchange confused glances.

"Why not?"

"Mom, every boy from my class has a crush on you. So, no. I don't want to hear them talk about my mom."

"Oh."

You looked at Tony, who looked just as shocked as you were. He snapped out of his trance and looked at you. "Yeah, she's definitely not taking you to school now. And, she probably never will again."

Jules walked in, along with Grace who looked close to tears.

"Don't worry, Gracie. I failed my math test when I was your age, too, and look how I turned out."

Grace turned her head to look at her older sister, then burst out into tears.

Jules looked insulted. "Okay, you know what, you-"

"Jules." You warned, making her stop.

Amelia and Alex were the last one to walk in, taking their places at the table. They had breakfast before they left with Tony, leaving you alone in the house. You looked at the empty house and sighed. You already missed them.

Tony got into the car, starting it before he pulled out of your driveway. He couldn't help but think of you. His phone rang, indicating he got a message. He only glanced at it, seeing it was from Pepper. But, then he saw his lockscreen, a picture of you, which he never changed and he could feel his heart basically clench, like it does every time when he even thinks about you.

Jules noticed the look in his eyes and nudged Nicholas, who was sat in the front seat. Nicholas looked at her, then at his father, and they shared a knowing look.

"Dad." Jules said, making Tony look at her.

"Yes, Princess?"

"You're thinking about mom again."

Tony cleared his throat, avoiding to look at his daughter. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"You have that look every time when you think about her." Jules said, and Nicholas nodded his head, agreeing with his sister. "Don't worry. She looks the same when she thinks of you."