Chapter 6:Marigold

That night, Y/N dreamt of a field of gold.

She stood in a valley of yellow flowers that were as tall as her chest, their flat heads waving gently back and forth around her. She ought to have been able to hear the rustle of their petals, but the world was muted, like somebody had plugged cotton in her ears.

Aside from the strange silence, it was a beautiful day; and underneath a pure swath of blue sky, she found herself looking into familiar black-coloured eyes.

The woman standing before her had long hair tied back into a ponytail that drifted carelessly behind her in the slow, sweet wind. She held Y/N's cheek in her warm hand, the woman's mouth shaping words that Y/N couldn't hear. She must have said something in reply, for the woman unexpectedly began to laugh, the surprised and genuine kind that caused her stomach swoop at the sight.

And suddenly, almost as if somebody had just turned up the volume of the world, Y/N could hear.

The woman smiled. "Y/N-"

"Y/N Dammit, wake up."

Y/N opened her eyes.

Nayeon hovered over her, her eyebrows furrowed. Other than her long hair and annoyed expression, there was not much difference between her dream-version of Nayeon and the Nayeon of reality.

"Oh," Y/N groaned. "It's you."

"Uhuh. Now get up." Nayeon leaned back, allowing Y/N to sit up.

Rubbing her eyes, Y/N looked around, seeing that they were in a luxurious bedroom. Warm golden light came in through tall arched windows, shining across a polished marble floor and catching in the decal of the room's gold embossed furniture.

Taken aback by the fine decor, it took longer than usual for Y/N to realise that she had not woken up in her familiar futon, but instead, a sumptuous four poster bed. She gasped, quickly checking to make sure she was wearing all her clothes.

Nayeon rolled her eyes. "Relax - You're not my type, idiot. I didn't taint whatever backwards honor you have."

"You made me sleep in your bed!" Y/N accused, ignoring the fact that she was completely dressed. "What did you do to me, pervert?!"

Nayeon scoffed and got up. "I knew I should've thrown you onto the couch." She opened the tall double doors across the bed and left the room.

Y/N hastily disentangled herself from the bedding's silk sheets and followed Nayeon out into the same office she had barged into yesterday, where Nayeon was currently rummaging through a set of drawers in her desk. "You were asleep for almost the whole day. It's four now." Nayeon remarked.

"In the afternoon?" Y/N gaped.

Nayeon sighed. "I had been silence for a full eighteen hours before Jihyo insisted that I wake you up." She pulled out a thin manila folder and straightened. "Well, It was on the way." Nayeon looked Y/N up and down critically. "You hungry?"

As if on cue, Y/N's stomach grumbled, and Nayeon smirked, leading the way out of the office. "Come on. I know a place."

Nayeon took her down to the still-empty main lobby, where the woman in the suit who had first taken Y/N to Nayeon's office, the woman in the suit bowed and greeted them at the bottom step of the grand staircase.