Chapter 7:Consternation

"A tour?" said Y/N, aghast as they stood in the elevator travelling up to the hotel lobby. "That is what you made me come back for?"

Nayeon hummed with her arms crossed, "It's going to be an amazing tour."

"Doubt it." Y/N muttered, but Nayeon was confident. "You've never been here at night." she told Y/N.

Y/N scoffed. "That does not matter."

"Trust me," Nayeon said, as the elevator slowed to a stop. The doors opened. "It matters."

Y/N took in the scene before her in awe as they stepped out into the glittering lobby of the Hotel del Luna, but now open for business.

The space was crowded with customers, all of them lively and fresh-faced ghosts going about their night as they were attended to by courteous and smartly dressed staff. If one wasn't looking closely, the hotel could easily pass for an everyday five-star establishment run by real people.

"Wow." said Y/N, and Nayeon grinned.

"Still don't want that tour?" Nayeon teased.

"Y/N noona!" shouted a voice as they walked further into the room. Ella ran up to them, excitedly waving a Jump magazine. "You're here! How are you?"

"Uh, yeah." Y/N spoke, a little stunned as the girl came to a stop before them.

She didn't know whether to be more surprised by her sudden appearance or by the happiness of her expression. "I'm fine. What about you? Has anybody offered you weird shady deals?"

"Yah."

"Nope," said Ella, holding up her magazine. “They said I could stay until I'm ready to go, and I've got manga to read all day long. It’s free, too."

Y/N cast Nayeon a look and Nayeon told her, “We have a library. A lot of people happen to want to read manga before they go.”

Y/N's face pinched at Nayeon's obvious smirk and she looked back at Ella. "Well… Okay. If someone says something mean to you, tell me and I'll punch them, okay?"

Ella nodded seriously, and asked, "But you'll visit me, won't you?"

Y/N attempted to pat her head, but of course, her hand merely went through. "Sure thing."

The little girl grinned and ran off. "I'll hold you to that!"

Y/N watched Ella go, expecting Nayeon to make a snide remark, but once Ella disappeared from their view, Nayeon only said, "I'll take you to the pool." and led her through the lobby.

Nayeon pointed out various places of interest as she did so, showing Y/N the bar and kitchens as they passed. Not once did she make fun of her initial distrust, and while Y/N appreciated the lack of immediate sarcasm, she wondered if Nayeon was merely biding her time and decided to change the subject before she could bring it up.

"So," Y/N began innocently, "This pool. Is it really as wide as a beach?"

"Is that what your Dad said?" mused Nayeon. "He must have been seeing things."